Colt
Kimber
Springfield
Chip McCormick
Tripp
Mec-Gar
Wilson
other

Author Topic: Wild Bunch equipment poll: Magazines  (Read 58510 times)

Pecos Clyde

• http://shootingsolutions.vpweb.com/
    • Shooting Solutions Unlimited
Re: Wild Bunch equipment poll: Magazines
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »
Howdy,

I bought 5 Chip McCormick Shooting Star magazines with the plastic base pads. Do these base pads come off with the metal base underneath or do I need replace these magazines for Wild Bunch.

Thanks pards,

Marshal Law

ML

I know of 2 types of McCormick mags...the shooting star and the power mag.  One of those models does come with a removeable extended base pad.....I just don't recall which one.   Look for a scre in the bottom of the black plastic extnded pad.

PC
There is no "right way" to do a wrong thing.

John Browning was a genius!!

Lawman Mark

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 10:34:33 PM »
I only have four mags without the baseplate pads that I use for Wild Bunch.  They are two Colt mags, a Mec-Gar, and one marked Marlin that I suspect is from a Camp Rifle. 

Jake Stoner

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »
I shoot a Colt 1991-a1. One Colt mag and three G.I. surplus mags ( new ones ).  No issues with any of them.
THEY? Who the hell is they?

Oklahomabound

• Indian Territory Single Action Shooting Society
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »
...retired one magazine which was slow on the eject...  bought two new Kimber magazines, worked really well...
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
- George Washington

John E. Law

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 08:40:54 AM »
I have been using Wilson's and a Kim-Tec, but I recently bought a dozen military surplus and they work fine. No better no worse than the others which were more expensive.

JEL

Garrison Joe

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »
I bought 5 Chip McCormick Shooting Star magazines with the plastic base pads. Do these base pads come off with the metal base underneath or do I need replace these magazines for Wild Bunch.

I've gotten Shooting Star mags before that had the plastic bumpers on them.  Two screws in the bumper were removed, and voila, a naked steel base plate reveals itself!

Good luck, GJ
Good luck, GJ

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.    Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

Dastardly Dave

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »
I have a number of misc. mags that did not prove reliable enough, so I replaced them with Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags (there on sale at Midway).  I bought the ones that came with a bumper that you have to install, and just didn't install them.  That way if I would like to use them in an Action Pistol match, all I have to do is screw them in.  I've found them very reliable.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Coconino Pistolero

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »
Howdy,

Thanks pards,

Marshal Law

ML

I know of 2 types of McCormick mags...the shooting star and the power mag.  One of those models does come with a removeable extended base pad.....I just don't recall which one.   Look for a scre in the bottom of the black plastic extnded pad.

PC

As GJ stated the Shooting Star has the removable bumper, the powermag bumper is not removable.
I kin nail him!

Marshal Law

• USMC 1962-1968
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 01:14:16 PM »
Howdy,

I looked at the Magazine package ant it said Power mag. No removable bumper.

Does Chip McCormick sell just the metal base plates so I can retrofit my power mags?

Thanks pards,

Marshal Law
Marshal Law SASS# 854

Blackfoot

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »
Don't think Chip Mc. bases can be interchanged.  The plain metal ones are welded in.  The Chip Mc. Shooting Star magazines have plain metal bases, the latest ones have threaded holes where pads can be screwed on with two screws.

Blackfoot
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:20:52 PM by Blackfoot »
In God we trust!
Shoot fast, miss slow, have fun!

Marshal Law

• USMC 1962-1968
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
Howdy,

I called ChipMcCormick's customer service line and the are sending me 5 plain metal bases for my Power Mags, free of charge. Now that's what I call great customer service!!!

Your pard,

Marshal Law
Marshal Law SASS# 854

Badge Pusher

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »
I carry Metalform 7 round on duty and use them for WB. Also have a couple of Colt mags, a Kimber and a couple of McCormick.

The McCormick weren't reliable enough for duty use.

Badge Pusher

KingSnake

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 09:41:22 AM »
I'm using McCormick Shooting Stars.
Tried Meg-Gars and did not like them - 1 of 3 wouldn't drop and the other 2 were marginal.
Have a new Kimber mag that came with my new Kimber Custom II and I like it so far. Might buy some more of them.

KingSnake

GrubstakeCharlie

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
When I purchased my Springfield Mil-spec 1911 back last year it came with a offer to purchase up to 10 mags at $7/ea.  Springfield 1911, Springfield mags, seem to work well together. 

Deputy Ray

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »
My friend turned me onto Mags from a poular web site.  I just ordered 20 more before the new CA law takes affect in Feb where magazine sales will have to be face to face I paid $5.68 per mag.  For Wild Bunch they are great if one gets stepped on it does not hurt so bad.

Hey they are, Cheaper than Dirt!!!!!

DR