Author Topic: Long guns staged flat  (Read 5669 times)

Garrison Joe

Re: Long guns staged flat
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »
What a win-win situation all around!

Good luck, GJ
"Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth."   Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

Lone Dog

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 10:58:31 AM »
I have seen the man stage the rifle and shoot stages. Not a problem.

What is extremely painful to watch is when he has a jam with the 1911. What to the rest of us even those of us with severe arthritis would be a momentary solving to a problem is to him a major roadblock.

It is very painful to watch. The empathy level gets real high.
SASS Life, NRA Life, VFW Life, FOP Life
"All gave some, some gave all..."

Blackey Cole

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 02:45:11 AM »
With the src they must be staged for a right hand shooter to prevent the saddle ring from preventing a flat staging.  Is this what I'm hearing or are you referring to having the ring extended elevating the rifle even more?

As a lefty I find the ring to interfere with levering the rifle preventing my normal placement of the hand so I removed the ring on the one I had.  But, that was me.  Some might not mind the ring so they would have to stage the rifle hrs down ring up which is opposite to my normal staging of long guns so I can pick them up by the grip with my left hand.

Joe Lafives #5481L

• The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 11:38:06 PM »
It's important to accommodate shooters with special needs.  However, it reminds just how great an example Ol' Deadeye was.  Here was a gentleman that shot BP one handed and yet was missing one eye, part of a ear, his thumb on his right hand and both legs below the knee.  Never asked for any special treatment on any stage in twenty some years of Cowboy shooting.  Man I miss him.
That may or may not be good or bad

Blackey Cole

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
Ol deadeye was a trooper I was trying to think of his alias the other day. I want to upgrade my gun rack for my electric scooter. And was asking for photos on the SAAS wire.