Author Topic: SC State Wild Bunch Match 2014  (Read 3531 times)

Hondo Jackson

SC State Wild Bunch Match 2014
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »
The SC State WB Match, 'Raid on Conestee', will be held at Greenville Gun Club, Greenville, SC, 30-31 August.  We hope to make this year's match even bigger and better than last.  The application will be on our website in about a month.  Please make plans to shoot with us.

Hondo

Cardboard Cowboy

Re: SC State Wild Bunch Match 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »
Foxy and I will be there.  Good weekend, I'll be turning 55 that weekend!  Looking forward to it Hondo.

Cardboard Cowboy

Abe E.S. Corpus

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »
Forty-one shooters participated in our four stage Wild Bunch side match at "Manse's Revenge 2014".  The stages were a good mix with some pistol targets fairly close for fast action, and others that were a little more challenging to appeal to those folks who like to "aim small".  More great stage design by Hondo Jackson.  We had a great time shooting them.

Key Hay Makena was kind enough to post his "first person shooter" videos of all four stages on YouTube:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gVfByMbfY

The camera has sort of a "wide angle" lens so "objects in video are closer than they appear".  Key Hay edged me out by about half a second but he was shooting with one hand!

Congratulations to our winners:

Kid Ray (Modern and overall match winner)
Shamrock Sadie (Ladies Modern)
Cotton Gloves (Traditional)
Foxy Filly (Ladies Traditional)

Thanks to everyone who participated.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:31:21 PM by Abe E.S. Corpus »

Sue Render

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 06:48:40 AM »
This year's match is shaping up to be bigger and better than last year. Good mix of big and close and challenging. Hondo does a great job!

Get those applications in!
Sue Render

Sassy Teton Lady

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »
Hondo puts on one heck of a match.  One of the best WB matches going.  So make sure you put this match on your calendar and get your applications in. 
Thanks to all the SC crew for all the work they do in supporting and promoting WB.

Can't wait to come on up.  Is it time yet????

Sue Render

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:25 AM »
Sassy, it can't get here fast enough! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Cardboard, we will celebrate your birthday with lots of ringing steel!

Sue Render

Abe E.S. Corpus

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »
Hard to believe it's July already but this puts us that much closer to the "Raid on Conestee".

I am really getting pumped about this match.  We had our "fifth Sunday" match this past weekend and we had several folks from Georgia.  Hondo even recruited one of our local club members who is an IDPA shooter; the lever action rifle was new to him but his pistol skills were evident.

If you are anywhere near the Southeast (and even if you are not), this will be a great match to attend.

Cardboard Cowboy

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 05:22:30 AM »
Just got our app's in the mail this week.  Since everyone will be all warmed up after this WB weekend, you need to head down to Ft. White the following weekend for the Florida State WB match!  Two state match's within a week, what more could you ask for.  Hope everyone had a great 4th.

CC & FF

Sgt. John Campbell

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »
I'll be attending the match, all the way from Pennsylvania...can't wait.
SASS #58165, RO Instructor, WBAS RO

Hondo Jackson

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »
SGT John,
Looking forward to shooting with you.  Glad you are coming to SC.  Cardboard and Filly, got your applications yesterday.

Also, everyone bring plenty of shotgun shells.  I will have the 5 stand sporting clay field set up for WB shotguns for Sat. 30 Aug after the 6 match stages are complete.  Two rounds will be included in your shooters packet.
Hondo

Abe E.S. Corpus

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 05:08:56 PM »
I passed by the Five Stand the other day and started thinking about the "Wild Bunch Five Stand" event. 

This is NOT to be missed.  Our Five Stand director shot cowboy many years ago "back in the day".  He always keeps the Five Stand interesting and he knows how to tailor it to our needs.

We're almost halfway through July-better start loading up some .45 ACP!

Sue Render

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 11:15:26 AM »
4 more weeks till the SC state match! Please get those applications in. We're gonna have a "wild" time in Greenville!  ;D
Sue Render