Poll

Would you like to load seven rounds in the magazine in WBAS?

Yes!
No!
Don't care

Author Topic: Dead Horse Poll - Seven Rounds in the Magazine?  (Read 21850 times)

Steel Dust Dan

Re: Dead Horse Poll - Seven Rounds in the Magazine?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
My view is 7 rounds all the time...unless we start to allow DA  revolvers. Then I can see the reason to keep the round count at 5. Otherwise, we need to be promoting our game to non-CAS shooters.

KingSnake

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 01:35:56 PM »
Since I can't pin this at the top comments are now allowed. 

I voted for 7 round mags.
I have no idea if 5 round mags has anything to do with WB growth, but shooting more rounds without as many mag changes sounds good to me.
I also like it because it does separate WB from CAS a bit more. I get really offended when I hear "WB is just CAS with a 1911".

Deputy Cuny

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
I like 5, but I still have a rotary phone

Lone Dog

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »
Well SDD I am totally against allowing pencil barrel 6guns in our game. That would just be one more lame excuse to keep the 5 round in the mag limit that is currently holding us back.

DA revolvers of the period should be limited to a side match proposition. No need to mix them in with the mighty 1911 in the main match. No need at all. None. I have a couple and I would like to shoot them. But only in a side match.
SASS Life, NRA Life, VFW Life, FOP Life
"All gave some, some gave all..."

Steel Dust Dan

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »
That wasn't a proposeal, LD, just an observation. For me, allowing DAs should be the nly reason to keep 1911s at 5-round magazines.

Looking forward to Saturday! Been a long time for me to shoot. Hope my hands can take it.

Wild Bodie Tom

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
The "Professionals"
Has a nice ring. Way more work to make it happen... Leastways mainstream. Club stuff perhaps. Workin on it. Have to "carress" the club lady to go there methinks.... Josey Wales went okay though. We shall see....
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Team BROTHEL BOYS  Co-founder
Regulator
Wild Bunch, and Wild Wimens
"Its not that I think you are dumb, Its just that so much of what you say you know is not true"

Steel Dust Dan

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 07:52:26 PM »
Excellent movie, BTW. I know of a club or two that base their "Wild Bunch" action shooting on that movie, including the DA revolvers. I don't have one, but....

Possum Skinner

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 06:55:56 AM »
I voted 7, but, I think I'd like to see it as an option more than a standard.

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »
7.  Quit kiddin' yourselves, as long as the 1911 remains limited @ 5 rnds, it IS CAS w/a 1911.  When the choice is between WB & 3 Gun, where I can use my 8-rnd mags, stoke the 870 w/8, up to 30 rnds in the AR, use the rifle on targets out to 100, 200, 300, 400 yards or beyond; AND shoot till I hit; it ain't even a difficult choice.
No, I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

Col. Leigh Thal Ludlow

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »
My local club was inspired by the seven round per mag model. Started with a seven round per mag standard. Grew pretty well with that charter. It now has succumbed to the 5 round pressures. Very sad!

I feel the fun has suffered and it is slipping into somewhat stale SASS 5 round sweeps and stage designs that seem like rehashed SASS stages. It will be interesting what happens to attendance.

billbonney

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 08:29:10 AM »
Howdy,

Well....... it looks like after a month (almost) the overwhelming percentage is for seven in the mag. :) :) :) :)

How do we get this changed.  Through the TG's?  At the next SASS convention?

Now what? Written proposal or submittal?

I for one would like to see it changed ASAP.  Who is going to make the effort to get it changed, I will help as much as I can to get it changed.

Bill Bonney

Happy Jack

• Wild Bunch Committee Chairman
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
The Wild bunch Committee will be meeting at EOT. We have also scheduled a meeting with the Ambassadors at EOT for Sunday evening. 7 rounds in the magazine will be on the agenda for both meetings.
1911's RULE !!!

Wild Bodie Tom

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »
I have a very, very simple solution.......... See ya in Utah in a few weeks.
Simple is good, yes?????????
Well, maybe not.
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Team BROTHEL BOYS  Co-founder
Regulator
Wild Bunch, and Wild Wimens
"Its not that I think you are dumb, Its just that so much of what you say you know is not true"

billbonney

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »
The Wild bunch Committee will be meeting at EOT. We have also scheduled a meeting with the Ambassadors at EOT for Sunday evening. 7 rounds in the magazine will be on the agenda for both meetings.
Howdy,
  Are the Ambassadors supposed to notify the clubs in their respective regions to see how we want to vote?  Do we send them proxies like SASS and the Territorial Governors?  How do we know who is voting for what?
We should let as many WBAS folks as we possibly can know what is happening and be able to tell their ambassador how they want them to vote, on this and any other items that require their vote.

Thanks
Bill Bonney

UnionJack

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
Personally I really don't care . It all ends up being about rounds down the range on target,or not ,as in my case most of the time. For me more magazine changes are a good thing  it keeps it challenging and fun . Make it 3 /5/7 I will still shoot the game . Just my 2cents.