Author Topic: FS Ballester Molina  (Read 1749 times)

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
  • WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
FS Ballester Molina
« on: May 13, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »
Have a nice Ballester Molina from the last of their production (1952-53?).  85 to 95 % of the original blue finish.  This pistol was a civilian pistol and has no police or military markings.  No renumbering on barrel, slide or frame.  Serial numbers on frame and slide match, magazine does not.  Import mark.  Grips have been replaced with newer Ballester Molina grips.  $600 plus shipping.  Not WBAS legal as it has no grip safety.
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
Re: FS Ballester Molina
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 07:10:07 PM »
howdy jfrank, I've got one of them old pistols to and you're right they are not legal for wild bunch but they are a handy old 45 and mine shoots way better than I thought it would. dusty boddams

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
  • WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
Re: FS Ballester Molina
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:40:51 PM »
You are correct they are handy.  I had one years ago that had been beat up and parkerized.  But I sold it.  When I came across this one I had never seen one in really good condition so I had to have it.  When I put it in the safe with all the other 1911s, I realized I had made an unnecessary purchase.
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein