Author Topic: 1911 mag release  (Read 2203 times)

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
  • WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
1911 mag release
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »
Looking for a specific mag release and maybe someone knows who made it.  The standard Colt mag release is .855 inch.  Most extended mag releases add 1/16th of an inch and come out more or less .925 inch.  I can find these all over (I use Brownells).  I came across a mag release on a used customized pistol that measures 1.055 inch.  It is extended and not oversize so it is still legal for WBAS.  Looking for one for a friend and my search has turned up zero.  So does anyone know who makes these?
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Happy Jack

• Wild Bunch Committee Chairman
Re: 1911 mag release
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »
Before you go too far down that road I would suggest waiting. The rule about extended releases on modern pistols was INTENDED to cover commonly avalable releases.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:24:01 PM by Happy Jack »
1911's RULE !!!

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:03:23 PM »
HJ
Do what you may, I still want to know who made it.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Wild Bodie Tom

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 12:17:26 PM »
I have a couple as well in my parts stash. They showed up in the late 70's. Do not see anything like those around these days. I make em if someone just "has" to have one...... Stick out too far to me, especially in the holsters that seem to be about these days.

A good plastic surgeon pretty sure could "extend" your thumbs.........
Whoops, might get another 'rule" from that statement.
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Team BROTHEL BOYS  Co-founder
Regulator
Wild Bunch, and Wild Wimens
"Its not that I think you are dumb, Its just that so much of what you say you know is not true"

Happy Jack

• Wild Bunch Committee Chairman
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »
I was just reminded by one of my most trusted advisors/consultants that we discussed this years ago. Decided then not to address it so we won't now. Have at it if you wish.
1911's RULE !!!

Goatneck

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »
JFN I have not seen any either for many years.  WBT might part with one

Wild Bodie Tom

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
Let me dig down in that DEEP drawer and see what I find. Will let ya know Norfleet.... If I find it I will bring it for ya to EOT if ya still have the desire.....
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Team BROTHEL BOYS  Co-founder
Regulator
Wild Bunch, and Wild Wimens
"Its not that I think you are dumb, Its just that so much of what you say you know is not true"

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:08 PM »
Due to a permanent hand injury we are tying several different options.  Personally I can't tell the difference between the extended and the extra extended.  Keep digging WBT.
JFN