Author Topic: EOT Wild Bunch  (Read 2814 times)

Wild Bodie Tom

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
EOT Wild Bunch
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
Well, its all shot and in the books so to speak. Believe it was a very good match with tons of variety and suited to what we hopefully are doing at the club level regarding target placement, scenarios, etc. Lots of freedom of choice, round count scenarios, and a "sly" level of difficulty in the stages. Always opinions on things that "I/we" would do, but that will always occur anyway. We all had to shoot the same stages. If ya couldn't pull it off to make it this year, please try next year. Great match. Now everyone will just wait and see what happens.... Sunday is "the" awards day. Yee Haa. Hopefully all gets posted quickly (sic).

Thanks to all involved.

Bodie
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Team BROTHEL BOYS  Co-founder
Regulator
Wild Bunch, and Wild Wimens
"Its not that I think you are dumb, Its just that so much of what you say you know is not true"

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
Re: EOT Wild Bunch
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 05:46:38 AM »
I agree, it was a very good match. 
-Stages were well written with lots of variety.  All the stages were doable, some difficult with small distant targets and some fast and easy. 
-Twelve bays and twelve set ups were used, so you never shot the same steel twice.  That was real pleasant especially for a national match.  Improved the quality of the match.
-We shot shot 4 stages a day which allowed for time for side matches.  If the side matches had been started at 2 rather than 3 there might have been more participation.
-Speed events were all shot on one bay, which really made it fun.  Same is true of other side matches.
-All-in-all I liked the format.
For those of us that are already home, I wish the scores were posted on line.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Wild Bodie Tom

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:19:28 PM »
Well, don't think there are too many of us WB only folks at EOT. So we will have to wait. Great seein ya there....
NOW, lets just see how long to get posted.... Just kidding, well, not really. But hopefully that will NOT be the issue from this match.

See ya. Let me know on that mag release if it works out as well.

Thanks
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Regulator
"Its not that I think you are dumb, Its just that so much of what you say you know is not true"

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »
One more thing.  The hamburger fry sponsored by SASS the first evening was much appreciated.  A good meal and fellowship.  Beverage was available from the local Outlaw Brewery in Moriarty.  A nice touch for the WBAS shooters.

WBT -  In a couple weeks we will know where we placed in the food chain.  I will let you know about the mag release. 
Many thanks.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Back 40

• WBAS Regional Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »
Would there be any chance of seeing the stages?

Wild Bodie Tom

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 09:38:26 AM »
Have SASS send ya an EOT shooters book. Would wait till mid-week next week, as they will most likely be incognito till at least then at the office.
If that doesn't work, I have a spare, so PM me your address if they cannot supply one for you.

Thanks

Bodie
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Regulator

Back 40

• WBAS Regional Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »
Thanks Bodie, I'll do that. 

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 10:09:09 PM »
Well Tom you made the shoot off.  That means you were in the top 8.  Bet you won't make it though.
JFN

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 03:08:45 PM »
And the scores are up!!!!!!!

http://www.sassnet.com/EoT/

And there are videos of the shoot off on SASS's Facebook page.

Ye Haw!
JFN

Congratulations to the WBAS World champions!

Last Chance Morales - Mens Modern
Crazy Kurt -  Mens Traditional
Idaho Sixgun Sam - Ladies Modern
Texas Tiger - Ladies Traditional
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:45:45 PM by J. Frank Norfleet »

Tully Mars

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 06:30:06 AM »
Congratulations to all the WB World Champions!!
Sounds like it was a great shoot.

See you all sometime,  possibly in October?

Tully