Author Topic: Sig 1911 limited addition  (Read 4137 times)

Colt Walker

Sig 1911 limited addition
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »
Removed sale, moved to another site.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:28:07 PM by Colt Walker »

Happy Jack

• Wild Bunch Committee Chairman
Re: Sig 1911 limited addition
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »
SIG makes very nice pistols. It MIGHT be legal for the modern category. Some of the pistols with heavy dust covers are TOO heavy to make the weight limit. Make sure the weight with an empty magazine doesn't exceed 42 ounces if you want to use it for Wild Bunch. Regardless, though it would be a nice pistol.
1911's RULE !!!

Colt Walker

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 04:44:02 PM »
According to Sig website the pistol weighs 41oz.

Boggus Deal

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:31:57 PM »
Don't go by the website. Those are guestimates I've seen guns miss one way or the other by several ounces. And you need to have an empty magazine with the gun to make weight.

Colt Walker

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:12:47 PM »
If the factory does not no their own product better than a non company person there is a problem.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:36:34 PM by Colt Walker »

marshal stone

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 02:16:37 PM »

All they are saying is weigh the pistol with an empty mag. to make sure you do not get match DQ'd for an over weight gun.

If the gun weighs 41 oz. and an empty mag is 2.5 oz. you're over the weight limit for a modern gun.

Marshal Stone

Colt Walker

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 04:24:47 PM »
Yes and what scale are we using? Mine says it's 41 my friends says it's 40. What I a getting at is there should be gun list that if the gun is non modified from the factory then it is legal or not. This way we are not going by 100 different scales from shoot to shoot. Yes I know the line on weight has to be some where but we should have an idea on legal modern guns instead of having to weigh every single gun to see if it passes. Thanks

Happy Jack

• Wild Bunch Committee Chairman
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »
Colt, we are not in any way trying to prevent you from selling your pistol. SIG makes excellent firearms. The only reason the question of weight was raised is that by posting it on this Forum the likely purchaser will want to use it for Wild Bunch competetion. In order to prevent any unhappiness on either yours or the potential buyers part we are just mentioning that the weight of the pistol might be important for it's intended use. As Boggus has posted previously, as strange as it seems we see supposidly identical pistols weight different. The scales we use at Winter Range and EOT are calibrated with NRA weights. It sounds as though the pistol in question will meet the weight requirement. Another potential problem we have seen is fiber optic front sights which are also illegal for Wild Bunch competetion.

Many shooters change grips, sights, recoil springs and rods, mainspring housings, etc. etc. and a pistol which was legal from the factory is no longer legal. That makes a list of "legal pistols" even more difficult to compile. Some of these changes are internal and cannot be detected until the pistol is weighed. Overweight pistols are very rare. I only remember 3 during the last 4 years at Sanctioned matches.
1911's RULE !!!

KingSnake

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
Colt,
Wild Bodie Tom has a scale and calibration weights that are used to weigh pistols for Arizona State Wild Bunch matches, among others.
Ask him to bring it to a Cowtown match and weigh yours.

KingSnake

Colt Walker

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 06:13:34 PM »
I understand the concern and appreciate the input. What I am getting at is if there was a concern over the weight or configuration a private message would have been better. I could put out the weight after having it checked by Wild B at one of the shoots. As it is, no one is going to be interested in this gun after all of the "concern" over it working for sass. In the future concerns should be sent, as stated, by private message. This gives the seller the info and lets them address it, if they don't then the concern can be put out for all to read. I have used it shooting in wild bunch matches and no one raised any issues. there should not be this much hassle in a sale of a known gun and make. Not one person has asked a single question on the gun. There has been only issues and comments made that would drive people anyway. I will put it on gun broker and eliminate this sale here.

Blackey Cole

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »
Colt I understand your frustration they deleted two of my post for a part that is legal on a gun if it came from the factory that way.  I tried to fight it and they concealed to allow me to post the part for sale here if I included a statement that the part can only go on a gun that originally had one or it would be illegal gun for WBAS.  I think that if they are going to be so watchful of the buy and sell forum nit a needs to be stated only WBAS legal items may be listed and if the rules committe don't fell your item qualifies they need to contact you for more info before determining that it is in fact an illegal item.  This should be done privately until it is ruled that it is illegal if not and they feel a disclosure is needed then they post it.  Sorry for the rant been there and know how upsetting it can be.  I might list the item over at the CAS classified board they allow almost everything there.

Wild Bodie Tom

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
Hey Colt. I brought the scale Saturday, but ya didn't make it. Just let me know when you are coming, and I can bring it. It IS the scale used at EOT and WinterRange. I know, as I scale every gun anyway. I have certified check weights, etc. I don't see where anyone was stating ya couldn't post it for sale on the WB wire either.... But, just me. And, even if it were over, there are plenty of ways to lighten em up anyway. Just asyin. I have been doin 1911's for just a bit for all factions of competition guns. Just buzz me is ya are comin to a match, again, I will gladly check it for you. No problem.

Thanks

Bodie
Wild Bodie Tom
Wild Bunch addict

"Guilty by association"
Team BROTHEL BOYS  Co-founder
Regulator
Wild Bunch, and Wild Wimens
"Its not that I think you are dumb, Its just that so much of what you say you know is not true"

Colt Walker

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »
Thanks wild Tom, had another chore on Saturday so couldn't make the shoot. Will bring it out next time and check. Will let you know for sure as we get closer. My frustration level topped out and that's why I moved it out. If anyone had bothered to ask the gun is completely stock , no changes at all. Instead the comment put me off as most were not needed and had nothing to do with the sale of the gun, In other words if your not asking about a gun because your interested in it, then make your comments some place else and not on someone's sale.