Author Topic: WINTER RANGE WILD BUNCH LOST BRASS ??  (Read 2871 times)

KingSnake

WINTER RANGE WILD BUNCH LOST BRASS ??
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:49:54 PM »
We know how much ammo we're gonna shoot at Winter Range Wild Bunch, but does anyone know if it will be a LOST BRASS MATCH ??
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:17:10 PM by KingSnake »

evilroy

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
Re: WINTER RANGE WILD BUNCH LOST BRASS ??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:48:36 PM »
I knew I forgot to put something in the update.  The Boy Scouts will pick up brass, bag it with the number of rounds shot by a shooter so you can buy back from them so they can raise some money.  It will be less expensive than in the past.  After everyone has had the opportunity to buy their brass back what's left will be offered for sale to everyone.

KingSnake

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:17:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply Evil Roy.
Sounds like for those of us who are only shooting WB, it's still gonna be LOST BRASS as I suspect the Boy Scouts won't have the brass ready for sale till Wed or Thur.

Garrison Joe

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »
The Scouts (and some hard working parents and siblings) in Phoenix usually hustle pretty well.  I've seen the brass available each morning, after the day it was shot, unless there was enough rain to make that day's crop impossible to retrieve.

Watch for a tent set up with the Scouts under it with bagged brass.

Good luck, GJ 
Good luck, GJ

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.    Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

evilroy

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 09:30:30 AM »
Garrison Joe,

I did have you on the list.  I put you on the Team Shotgun to help Goatneck Clem.  Still Working of a few others who have offered to help.  I should have them up late today.

ER

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »
ER
I know you will catch some flak for this being a lost brass match.  So I want to thank you and the rest of the leadership for making the hard choices to make a match with this number of shooters and this many rounds to run smoothly.  I come to shoot and replacing my match brass is the least of my expenses.  Otherwise, I could see the match dragging on until late afternoon.  As much as we all hate to lose our brass, this will improve the quality of the match.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Silvertip

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 07:02:28 AM »
I agree with Norfleet, lots of shooter in a short amount of time.
ST

Garrison Joe

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »
If the lost brass pickup happens like it did 2 years ago, the Scouts will have school, and will pick it up at the end of the day.    That way you still can buy it back the next day.  Glad to hear that someone other than me enlightened them that they had priced pickup brass way too high 2 years ago.  I'm sure they will be adjusting.

Good luck, GJ
Good luck, GJ

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.    Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

evilroy

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 08:42:07 AM »
I will speak to them when I can to make sure they try to have it done early.  I'm sure they will give it their best.

Garand

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 07:43:42 PM »
In the last 2 Winter Ranges, I thought the price of brass was too high also. Last year I just waited to the awards ended and everyone was packing up. The price of brass was dropping hourly!
Canadian Army 1973-2002 Infantry/Ammo Tech/EOD. 
Now as a retired Explosives Technician
SASS # 93688 aka Dapper Dynamite Dick
RO 1 & RO II, Wild Bunch RO

Blackey Cole

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:53:27 PM »
Ok the scout bag up the brass do they sort between pistol and in another bag rifle or is all in one bag? If they are seperating the pistol and rifle brass, do you have you buy both or can you buy just the pistol brass? Or just the rifle brass?  Is this how it will be done at EOT!