Author Topic: 2016 SASS Nevada State Wild Bunch Championship Match  (Read 4194 times)

JJ

2016 SASS Nevada State Wild Bunch Championship Match
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:08:25 AM »
The High Plains Drifter’s and Roop County Cowboy’s, of Northern Nevada, are pleased to announce that our clubs have been selected to host the 2016 SASS Nevada State Wild Bunch Championship Match.

Match Dates:   October 27, 28, and 29, 2016.  So mark your calendars and make your plans to attend.
Location:  Fernley/Reno Raceway, 1965 Hwy 95A, Fernley NV (Located between Fernley and Silver Springs, NV)

Application Link and Contact Information:
www.northernnevadacas.com/NevadaDayShootout.pdf

Nellie Blue

• Administrator
    • Nellie Blue's Website
Re: 2016 SASS Nevada State Wild Bunch Championship Match
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
Cool!  It's nice to see a state match in the north! :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Tully Mars

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:50:56 PM »
I'm going to do my best to attend! At this time I'm off those days!

Tully

JJ

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »
Tully

Hope you and others from 'over the hill' will be able to make it here. We are already well past the planning stage for this match. New steel is being ordered and new target arrays are being welded.

I have seen the preliminary write-ups for the stages and they look to be fun.

And

The best of all, this match is planned with NO rifles !!!  Bordello Fellow has written a 1911 and 1897 match only.

Hope to see you-all here.

J.J.

Tully Mars

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:53:06 AM »
NO RIFLES!!! That's my kinda match :D 

Will Winchester model 12's be allowed? Many shooters have moved to them instead of 97's, some have sold their 97's. Might be a consideration.

I'm sure there will be others from "over the hill" who will want to join the fun.

Tully

JJ

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:22:06 AM »

NO Rifles and absolutely Model 12's are allowed !!!

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
  • WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 06:15:34 PM »
I can see not writing any stages for the rifle.  I don't see how you can exclude a WBAS legal shotgun and include another and still have SASS legal sanctioned match.  How about a match with all shooters shooting a traditional 1911, even the modern shooters?  If a shooter shows up with a M12 what are you going to do, kick his scores out even though the M12 is WBAS legal?
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 07:21:31 PM »
Question is if you don't follow the rules is it a legitimate state match ? Since model 12's are within sass rules and this match disallowed model 12's exactly what is it? Dusty Boddams

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 07:51:27 PM »
Went back to the contract I signed for our 2016 state match:

"State level WBAS matches must be conducted under all current SASS/WBAS rules. No exceptions to firearms requirements specified in the rules will be made.
10+ main stages and computerized scoring system.
Scoring must be accomplished by Stage Points.
Club must conduct the match in accordance with the current SASS Wild Bunch Action Shooting Handbook and the Wild Bunch Action Shooting Range Operations and Match Directors Guide."

I don't think you can arbitrarily exclude M!2s.
JFN
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:00:03 PM by J. Frank Norfleet »
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Tully Mars

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »

NO Rifles and absolutely Model 12's are allowed !!!

JFN, Dusty Boddams,

Maybe you missed this posting? It was in response to my question regarding M12's. 

Model 12's are absolutely allowed!! :)

Tully
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:39:07 PM by Tully Mars »

JJ

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 10:56:16 PM »
Hello 'The SASS Wild Bunch Forum Wire'

After reading a couple of the threads above, this is how terribly bad rumors quickly get started.

That is, they are started by not reading everything posted or reading some posts selectively.

Inside the link on the first post to the Registration Form for the 2016 SASS Nevada State Wild Bunch Match it clearly states this:

SASS Rules for State
        Wild Bunch Matches apply
  1911 and 97’ / Model 12 Match Only
            No Rifles Required

If persons on this Wild Bunch Wire Forum had read this on the Registration Form publically posted on our website http://www.northernnevadacas.com/, how can it possibly be construed that Model 12's are not allowed at this match?

This question arose when an acquaintance asked if Model 12's were being excluded from the 2016 SASS Nevada State Wild Bunch Match because I had written (in part) that the match was "written as a 1911 and 1897 match only."

My quick response on Post 5 was this "NO Rifles and absolutely (emphasis added) Model 12's are allowed !!!" 

I personally do not shoot a Model 12 and gave no thought about not including the Model 12 designation. So hence the oversight was on my part and my part only. For that I apologize.

We (High Plain's Drifters and Roop County Cowboy's) are spending a great deal of time and effort on this match and as a group would appreciate the unfounded rumors from some of these posts to cease.

If anybody has any questions, please feel free to contact me. My name, phone number, and email address is at the bottom of our Registration Form on the link on the first post of this thread or through this Forum. I am the person handling the Registration Process and also the person who designed the Registration Form.

Respectfully:
Jeremiah Jonathan  (J.J. - SASS #50325)
2016 SASS Nevada State Wild Bunch Registrar

PS  -  Tully, Thank You for your response also.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:47:00 AM by JJ »

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 05:07:52 AM »
Sorry I totally miss-read your post.
JFN

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 05:31:40 PM »
JJ, I absolutely misread your post! I'm sorry for the comments. Carry on and have a great match! Dusty Boddams
P.s. I don't know if I need new glasses or just learn how to read😳

Tully Mars

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 10:01:58 PM »
Now that we're all back on board! JJ, my application is filled with check attached. It will go in the mail Monday!

Tully

Tully Mars

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 06:47:24 AM »
JJ,

How are you numbers looking so far? I'm going to pass on your application to the WB group at Coyote Valley. Maybe a few of them may travel to the Nevada shoot?

Tully