Author Topic: SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Match Oct 22-23rd 2016  (Read 7433 times)

Grouchy Spike

Re: Schedule for SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Match
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 08:53:29 AM »
Comanche Valley Vigilantes Cleburne, Texas will be hosting the 2016 SASS State Wild Bunch Championships Oct 22-23rd,2016.
We will have side matches and our World famous BAMM Match. All SASS WB Rules to apply.  Come for the weekend and enjoy our fall weather

I'm noticing that the CVV annual match, scheduled for that weekend, has side matches beginning at noon on Friday October 21st.

Has the WB Match Director decided when the WB side matches will be conducted?  if on Friday afternoon I might want to arrive in Cleburne on Thursday afternoon instead of Friday afternoon, and would need to reserve another night of hotel.
Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

Goatneck

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
Re: SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Match Oct 22-23rd 2016
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 09:28:56 AM »
Lone dog 

Fix your shotgun to hold 6 rounds.  Its easy, replace your follower with a shorter one or shorten the existing one and shorten the spring.  Simple or buy the kit from me and install the parts your self.

Goatneck

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
Fred, what's the price on the shortened followers only?

Goatneck

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 09:35:36 AM »
I will check and get back with you.  Don't remember off hand..............

Goatneck

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 09:40:15 AM »
Our side Matches will be on Saturday

Garrison Joe

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 11:59:45 AM »
Dang, trim the mag tube spring so that about 3" hangs out the top of an open mag tube, and almost all 97s will take 6 rounds.  Don't act like this is hard to do.  It's faster than complaining about it.
 ;D
And there's even nice kits for folks who lost their wire cutters.

Good luck, GJ
Good luck, GJ

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.    Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

Lone Dog

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »
GJ, I have the absolute right to complain and will do so at will. It will always be a mystery to me why when we started this new and exciting game that it became the norm to shoot 6 shotgun shells per stage rather than five It only means extra trouble and expense. Unnecessarily. My WBT kit was nearly 40 bucks with tax over the counter at LHSS. And for why. That 97 would hold 5 just fine, why the need to put out another round per stage? Makes NO sense to me. Grouch I have been using the BandP two and a half inchers to accomplish that trick for years now. No problemo. BUT I should have never been required to change out the spring and follower or make sure I have short shells on hand. If I write the stages, it will be 5 sg per stage. Fred, my shotguns do not need to be "fixed" to hold 6 rounds, it is an unnecessary modification not a fix. The guns work fine and have no actual "need" of "fixing". Some of them do need "modifying" to load 6 rounds. I am never gonna be strong armed to shut up about this. It was the wrong thing to do writing 6 shot stages and got us off on the wrong foot. And for why I will never understand. It ain't to keep it even with doubles as we do not allow doubles...
SASS Life, NRA Life, VFW Life, FOP Life
"All gave some, some gave all..."

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »
Lone Dog is on a roll!! How about those 5 round 1911 magazines, Dog?  Shouldn't we be loading 7???

I will send email to talk about my experience with reloads for 7.5x55. On 2nd thought I will use the WB reloading wire where we can get some good input from others who likely more experienced than i.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 05:59:01 PM by Grouchy Spike »

Boggus Deal

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 06:33:24 PM »
Hell Dog, You would hate some of my stages. They only have 12 rounds of shotgun in them.

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »
GJ, I have the absolute right to complain and will do so at will. It will always be a mystery to me why when we started this new and exciting game that it became the norm to shoot 6 shotgun shells per stage rather than five It only means extra trouble and expense. Unnecessarily. My WBT kit was nearly 40 bucks with tax over the counter at LHSS. And for why. That 97 would hold 5 just fine, why the need to put out another round per stage? Makes NO sense to me. Grouch I have been using the BandP two and a half inchers to accomplish that trick for years now. No problemo. BUT I should have never been required to change out the spring and follower or make sure I have short shells on hand. If I write the stages, it will be 5 sg per stage. Fred, my shotguns do not need to be "fixed" to hold 6 rounds, it is an unnecessary modification not a fix. The guns work fine and have no actual "need" of "fixing". Some of them do need "modifying" to load 6 rounds. I am never gonna be strong armed to shut up about this. It was the wrong thing to do writing 6 shot stages and got us off on the wrong foot. And for why I will never understand. It ain't to keep it even with doubles as we do not allow doubles...

The man who has a safe full of Model 12s is complaining about shooting 5 rounds in a '97.  Some things are beyond my understanding.
 ;D
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Goatneck

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 08:18:08 PM »
Hey Dog

Take your Pills and be happy..........You are sounding like an "OLe Woman".  Be glade we have Wild Bunch to shoot. 

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 08:26:23 PM »
Hell Dog, You would hate some of my stages. They only have 12 rounds of shotgun in them.

Boggus, are these shotgun only stages or do you include 1911 and rifle too?  Must the shooter stoke the 2nd six, or does the shooter have the option to load any way he/she wants?

Boggus Deal

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 08:33:38 PM »
Grouchy, Usually may not have the rifle in the stage. Shotgun and pistol only. Shooter can load how ever they choose, usually. Stoke all 6, load 1 or 2 at a time.

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 09:20:35 PM »
😄😄😄
Now this is a lively thread! Now one more thought  about 5/6 shotgun dilemma
LD, you can load up to six,nobody says you have to load six. Just put in five and throw number six in the pipe!😄😄 Don't ya wish all problems could be solved this easy!  Dusty

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2016, 06:01:06 AM »
Dusty, what's the maximum range of the BAMM targets at this year's state match?