Author Topic: SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Match Oct 22-23rd 2016  (Read 7294 times)

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
Re: SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Match Oct 22-23rd 2016
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2016, 07:37:07 AM »
GS, looks like as of now it will be right around 100 maximum.

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2016, 06:40:02 PM »
The application and schedule for TX State WB Match are published at the top of the home pate on the CVV website!

http://www.comanchevalley.org/

Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

Lone Dog

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2016, 10:56:54 PM »
Sounds good to me Travis! Har! Yes I sho am happy we have WB to shoot. Even this little discussion is just good clean fun. Yeah I have four Model 12s that hold six with no problemo. So what? I also have about a dozen or so 97s and clones that don't. Harumph...

I cannot fathom why so many are so enamored of 6 sg shots per stage and so agin writing only 5 per stage. Make a no sense to me. Lotsa folks have ole 97s that shoot the CAS game. Why force them to modify the gun they already have if we are serious about wanting to grow WB? Make a no sense to me to throw this obstacle in front of them...
SASS Life, NRA Life, VFW Life, FOP Life
"All gave some, some gave all..."

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2016, 09:32:04 AM »
Goatneck, two are joining me at the Texas State WB Match - Marshal Willy and Judge Hangin Knott!  And they will also use K31s in the BAM side match, both are southpaws and can slide that bolt quickly.  Looks like there will be at least five with K31s.

Willy has his match ammo packed and ready to go.  Judge is reloading and practicing, so he's not gained any stock yet.

I didn't see a post about this WB match on the SASS events wire.  Did you not want to post it there too?

Goatneck

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2016, 09:54:09 PM »
Hey GS
I had a post a few months back on the WB state.  If you would like to start a fresh post that would be great.  I am going back in for Surgery Monday morning.  I will be up and going in a few days and ready to rock and roll for the State WB Matches.  I got the inside word from a very reliable source that clay birds will be flying that weekend.  So, we all need to practice hitting those little critters

Goatneck
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:56:11 PM by Goatneck »

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »
Ok, Goatneck, I posted a note on the SASS events wire.  The Best Western no longer has an affiliated hotel in Cleburne, but some are available nearby.  A La Quinta has opened on the loop, easy access to the range. Their rates have DECREASED by about $4 night - rooms from $85 for  King Bed, $90 for two Queen Beds.

Lone Dog

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 02:47:27 PM »
I always stay at the Smithfield Inn and Griff has too. Been staying there for years. Great place. Old fashioned motel where you can park right in front of your door. I hate those new places where you have to go inside and ride the elevator up to your room. Mighty unhandy when you have to take guns in and out as I sure as hell ain't leavin' 'em in the truck overnite. It used to be a Best Western but may not be now. Still the same place and right on the edge of town no stoplights and only one stop sign before the highway.

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »
Yep, I've stayed at the Smithfield and the Best Value.  Why the Smithfield is no longer affiliated with the Best Western I don't know.  I clarified that relationship, or lack of, in my post.  There is the advantage of room access direct from the parking lot.

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 05:28:28 PM »
I'm still hopin and a wishin' and a prayin' that I can make this match.  Might be havin' part of my left ear cut off that week... if so, it'll be hard to keep a hat on.   :P

But, I'm spending tomorrow loadin' ammo, just in case!!!
No, I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

Lone Dog

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »
Well I got up early to dig out all my M12s to shoot today and discovered I was wrong. I have 6 now not 4 ha ha they must multiply like coat hangers. Shot all 6 today and 3 will be staying home next weekend for the big shoot as they were a wee mite balkier than the other 3. Prolly a 97 or maybe two, two main match rifles and two or three BAMMers hoowhee the RAV4 gonna be loaded down.

What I am really wondering is how the weather is gonna be down yonder a week from today???

The weather guessers up here in the Big Empty are calling for rain and snow in these parts starting Thurs and a high of 46 on Sat. But that is over 300 mile north of CVV. Anybody heered anything about any bad weather a week away at the shoot?

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2016, 03:46:32 PM »
Weather forecast is perfect for Cleburne during match days - 73F high and 47-50F low.  Dry and sunny!

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2016, 04:00:06 PM »
Goatneck, are you ready to publish the round count for main match?

Lone Dog

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2016, 04:17:44 PM »
Sounds good pard!

Whatever the round count is I will have at least double maybe triple that. I sure hope Goatneck's surgery went well and he is on the mend.

How boutcha there Fred how ya doin' ?

Goatneck

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2016, 09:39:29 PM »
Hey Dennis

Thanks for asking.  Actually I am doing good.  Voice is much better swallowing has improved.  I am ready for our WB Matches next weekend.  One more surgery on my vocal cards on the 9th of Nov.

Lone Dog

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
Well I knowed you would be okay, ye are a tough ole bird. Yepper gettin' purdy excited about this shoot meownself. Yeehaaa