Author Topic: SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Match Oct 22-23rd 2016  (Read 7385 times)

Lone Dog

Re: SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Match Oct 22-23rd 2016
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »
Well now they decided it would be 80 up here which means it will be 90 down there with 90 percent humidity. Not good for fat boy.

It was 98 here in Pampa yesterday breaking the old record by 11 degrees. 100 in Canadian. Crazy and unreal!
SASS Life, NRA Life, VFW Life, FOP Life
"All gave some, some gave all..."

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »
No worry, Lone Dog.  The weather guys forecast cooler weather for match days.  Humidity at 60% at match start dropping to 30% by afternoon, Saturday high temp now 77F after low of 47 on Friday night ,and high temp on Sunday now 79F after a low of 53 on Saturday night.  No rain and no clouds. Perfect weather, just as Goatneck promised!

Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

Lone Dog

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »
Har! 47 degrees you southern boys will have yer coats on and the wimmins will be bundled up shiverin'

If there is any wimmin shooters. Nellie sez she cain't make it
SASS Life, NRA Life, VFW Life, FOP Life
"All gave some, some gave all..."

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »
An educated round count guess would be
250 pistol
100 rifle
About 70 shotgun
For the main match
Side match shenanigans I would throw in a box or 2 of pistol 2 boxes shotgun and 25/30 main match rifle rounds
BAMM 40 rounds plus a few more if you want or need a few sighters.

Everybody, this looks like the stars are aligning for the best weather I can remember!
The range is all mowed and looks great.
We are sharing the range with showdown which is at the other end of the range  so be looking forward to some vendors and good food and a downright good time! We will be living large! Dusty Boddams

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »
Well, I WILL be there! 
No, I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

Goatneck

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »

That's Outstanding..........Glade you are going to make it.   Can I borrow 20 when you there Saturday...  HA!!  HA!!

Goody

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »
Ya'll bring a little cash with you. I going to try and sell off some WB stuff. Two Springfield 1911's for modern, a Norinco 1911, a trio of Model 12's, a sporterized Schmidt-Rubin, dies, bullets and brass for Schmidt. I'll have prices posted on the items Saturday morning, gotta do some research. Look forward to seeing you, most of you anyway. :o

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 06:33:32 PM »
Ya'll bring a little cash with you. I going to try and sell off some WB stuff. Two Springfield 1911's for modern, a Norinco 1911, a trio of Model 12's, a sporterized Schmidt-Rubin, dies, bullets and brass for Schmidt. I'll have prices posted on the items Saturday morning, gotta do some research. Look forward to seeing you, most of you anyway. :o
That's Outstanding..........Glade you are going to make it.   Can I borrow 20 when you there Saturday...  HA!!  HA!!
I don't think 20 will cover anything... of Goody's!!

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 09:11:02 PM »

Everybody, this looks like the stars are aligning for the best weather I can remember!
The range is all mowed and looks great.
We are sharing the range with showdown which is at the other end of the range  so be looking forward to some vendors and good food and a downright good time! We will be living large! Dusty Boddams
Outstanding!  Judge Hangin Knott and I are loaded up and leave in the morning.  Marshal Willy ain't gonna make it.

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2016, 09:07:24 AM »
Seems the recent downtime and reboot left my last post off... so, I'll say it again.  (Or something close)! :P

Absolutely a GREAT match.   Goatneck outdid himself on this one.  The flyers were easy one day, and damned near impossible the next... or my luck ran out on day one!  ;D  Changing up the number of shots in rifle, pistol & shotgun was fun... keeping shooters on their toes.  I found it not too awful challenging, but challenging enough for EVERYONE, no targets were impossible to hit, but miss everyone did.

If you sat this one out, you missed a fun time.  Fellars from down south, up north, and points in between, hope y'all had a good time, I sure did!  I don't get much trigger time, and to take home a 1st place in category was unexpected... thought there'd be at least three in this category... I came, I shot, you didn't, your loss!

Thanks again Goatneck, 10 stages of great shooting!  Congrats to Cap't Sam Evans on his overall win, and all the other category winners!!  Y'all deserved 'em...

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2016, 09:03:22 PM »
I second what Griff says - this match had some interesting scenarios, challenging targets, lots of trigger time, beautiful weather, and outstanding company!  Thanks to all who worked to host this match, in particular Goatneck Clem, Captain Sam Evans, and Billy Bob.  And thanks to Dusty Boddams for stirring up the BAM match. 

Goatneck

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2016, 11:59:15 AM »
Gentlemen thanks so much for the kind works.  Sometimes it a labor of love not a labor of reward.  And Griff You smoked the flying birds on Saturday and you told us you couldn't hit a bird.  The only difference on Sunday with the birds mother nature added the wind............

Goatnecck

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
...And Griff You smoked the flying birds on Saturday and you told us you couldn't hit a bird.  The only difference on Sunday with the birds mother nature added the wind............
Goatnecck
No, no, said, "I didn't 'expect to'...", a slight difference.  And given that I was usin' a trench gun, not an unreasonable expectation! 40 years or so ago, I shot quite a bit of skeet, maybe it's like ridin' a bike...  ;D

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment