Author Topic: Model '12 Favorite Method for Ensuring You Remember to Pull the Trigger at Line  (Read 3193 times)

Allie Mo

• California Gunslingers
Hi Folks,

Do you have a little trick to ensure you pull the trigger? I've seen clothespins. Do you have another thingy (technical trigger term) you use as a reminder?

Thanks,

Allie
"If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat." - Robert A. Heinlein

Boggus Deal

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
Allie darlin', I use a checkered flag bandana type thing. Let's me know and everyone else know that I have a Model 12. Also, the checkered flag is a mental winner!!

Back 40

• WBAS Regional Ambassador
I run my brass bag through the trigger guard to help remember.   Sometimes I still forget.

Allie Mo

• California Gunslingers
Thanks for the replies.

I saw a gent with a pink clothes pin at our State match.

Legendary Lawman

Allie
Both Serenity and I use clothes pins, an idea from friends.  Mine is blue and Serenity's is pink.  Although not the match you are talking about, at the recent New York State WB match, I had to use her pink one!
By the way the NY match was absolutely fantastic.  I have never seen so many different kinds of moving and still targets in one match.

Legendary Lawman

Tully Mars

Allie,
I use clothes pins. Mostly blue, I do have red and pink. They have saved me many times.
Tully

Allie Mo

• California Gunslingers
I'm thinking a clothes pin is the best too.

Nawlins Kid

Allie,
I use a piece of blue painter tape on the stock. Since I shoot a hammered SxS for cowboy the blue tape tells me its the model 12.

Nawlins

Abe E.S. Corpus

When the rule came about, my friend Hollifer A. Dollar developed this little comedy routine of calling the TO over and showing off his Model 12.  I thought it was clever and fun so I do a version of that now.

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
For me it is a bandana through the trigger guard.  The last thing I do before calling for time is to look down the line at all my guns to make sure I am ready.  The red bandana would tell me that the trigger on the M12 has not been declared.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Samuel B Carpenter

• fast n clean is a good start
  • If yer clean, ya shoot to SLOWWWW

use a '97  ;)
joke aside, I use a bandana or some kind of remember gadget and still I forget and the TO saves me by asking what kind of shotgun that is

my best bet is that you use something that you understand and will remind you and then
practice practice practice

Samuel B
Known to hit the target every now n then

Branchwater Jack - 88854

• Wartrace Regulators
A small, colorful carabiner comes in handy, too. Then, you just clip it to your belt.

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
All good ideas but remember the trigger pull is a safety check. It's not a game of gotcha. TO.'s should always be looking over their shooters checking for mag in pistol and model 12's etc. " nice model  12" "is that a model 12" even other competitors get in on it

Griff

• My Hero
All good ideas but remember the trigger pull is a safety check. It's not a game of gotcha. TO.'s should always be looking over their shooters checking for mag in pistol and model 12's etc. " nice model  12" "is that a model 12" even other competitors get in on it
+1.
No, I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

Sgt. John Campbell

I agree completely on this, it's a safety check... nothing more.  We do the same checks to the shooter's other firearms are not cocked when they come to the line, and this is the procedure for verifying the Model 12 shotgun is not cocked... plain and simple.
SASS #58165, RO Instructor, WBAS RO