Author Topic: EOT WBAS Match Dates  (Read 840 times)

Sgt. John Campbell

EOT WBAS Match Dates
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:46:49 PM »
I see on the SASS Wire that the dates for EOT are June 15th through 25th.  Does anyone have any inkling of what the dates will be for the WBAS Match?  I'm interested in attending the match, but would really like to know the dates I would need to be there, as I have to plan out my vacation dates, and make hotel reservations.  Also, on what days would the BAMM Match be held?
SASS #58165, RO Instructor, WBAS RO

Garrison Joe

Re: EOT WBAS Match Dates
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
I think those schedules are still being worked.

What could possibly fall out of the planning process is:
1st day - WB warmup
Day 2,3,4 - WB match (4 stages a day)

BAMM - day 4 of that.

Then if they really DO start WB on June 15, that would make
1st = June 15th
2nd = 16 (the Friday)
3rd = 17th
4th = 18th (the Sunday)

BUT: they have not started WB warmups on the Thursday ever before.   There is a lot of resistance to stretching out EOT for yet another day.  There have been suggestions that WB match even be shortened to 2 days, and perhaps cutting down to 10 or 8 stages for that match. 

So, I think things are much more "up in the air" right now than they have been in previous years!

Think you will just have to stay tuned, like the rest of us are doing.

And yes, it makes it hard if your employer wants you to plan your whole year of vacations and time off on January 3rd.  >:( ::)

Good luck, GJ

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.    Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

Sgt. John Campbell

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:22:57 PM »
They finally posted the schedule of events for the match today.  Looks like Friday is warm up matches, Saturday is first four stages, Sunday is second four stages, Monday is final four stages.  BAMM Match on both Saturday and Sunday afternoons, WBAS 4-Person Team Match on Monday afternoon.  Awards and dinner on Tuesday night.
SASS #58165, RO Instructor, WBAS RO

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
  • WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 05:03:44 AM »
Wow!  A separate awards dinner and ceremony on Tuesday.  I like that.  Will the top gun shoot off be moved too?  Canceled?  Or, will it still be on the final Sunday?
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Last Chance

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »
awards and dinner probably means costume/side match awards and dinner Tuesday.