Author Topic: Texas State Wild Bunch Match November 4th and 5th, 2017  (Read 621 times)

Grouchy Spike

Texas State Wild Bunch Match November 4th and 5th, 2017
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »
Dusty Boddams says that the state match will be hosted by the Comanche Valley Vigilantes/Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club at their range on Ormsby Ranch in Cleburne.  A BAM side match is included in the activities, details follow.  It's time to be sliding, cranking, and stroking! 
Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

Grouchy Spike

Re: Texas State Wild Bunch Match November 4th and 5th, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »
Hey Cowboys and Cowgirls, please make plans to attend this state match and support our Wild Bunch game!  The CVV/LSFSC range is a great venue with plenty of hospitality, and Goatneck Clem et al write some interesting and challenging scenarios. Last year there were some clay pigeons from a trap machine and clay pigeons from poppers, plate racks, and dueling trees in addition to static targets (easier to hit, less lead).  Side matches included a BAM Match.  Sign up, load your ammo, pack up your gear, and plan to play.  There are nice hotel accommodations and restaurants available in Cleburne.  You will enjoy this match!

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
Hopefully, I'll be able to attend this match AND get a new tractor & mower!
No, I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »
 ;D get the welder and bailing wire out and patch up the one you got! Yours isn't but 50 years old a feller would think it would last longer than that without a problem!  ;D ;D that is the one that came with your ranch when you bought the place?

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 08:44:16 PM »
;D get the welder and bailing wire out and patch up the one you got! Yours isn't but 50 years old a feller would think it would last longer than that without a problem!  ;D ;D that is the one that came with your ranch when you bought the place?
Oh, that one's still running... and only 48 years old!  But a 15' bat-wing isn't among the things it can handle.  Sometimes, when I'm at home, there's a choice... go shooting or mow?  Shooting usually wins, and mowing once a year hasn't worked out as a viable option... >:(  so I pay for shooting by mowing for the next 3 days!  It would be nice to do both in one day!  Just means I'll have to pick when I come home far more carefully, if I'm ever to be able to shoot again.

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »
You would think the batwing would get it done in a third of the time! Cvv is shoot'n WB if your your in town and not chore bound.

Griff

• My Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:27:45 PM »
Cvv is shoot'n WB if your your in town and not chore bound.
Not leaving until Monday... so I'll be there.

NRA Patron
SASS Endowment

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »
At least seven from the Texican Rangers will participate in the match!  And five of those are BAMM shooters.  By match time, another might be converted to BAMM!