Author Topic: E.O.T. Results Missmatch ??  (Read 2387 times)

Happy Jack

• Wild Bunch Committee Chairman
Re: E.O.T. Results Missmatch ??
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »
Since I NEVER look at posted scores at the end of each day I wasn't aware that points were being posted instead of actual stage times. I will see to it that is changed next year at EOT. Shooters TIMES should be posted NOT points. Also probably only the shooters SASS # instead of their names will be posted with the times.
1911's RULE !!!

Tully Mars

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
Winter Range did a very nice job of posting the times directly above the shooters percentage.
Thanks HJ,
Tully

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
  • WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »
Since I NEVER look at posted scores at the end of each day I wasn't aware that points were being posted instead of actual stage times. I will see to it that is changed next year at EOT. Shooters TIMES should be posted NOT points. Also probably only the shooters SASS # instead of their names will be posted with the times.
HJ,
The stage times were posted not the points.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Garrison Joe

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 06:51:51 PM »
HJ is talking daily shooter-check scoresheets, posted on the wall at Founders as shot each day.  Yes, all those were posted as raw time, penalties and total time.

Most of the post here is about the final times posted to the EOT web site and used to make the presentation of awards.   THAT was published as stage points only.   That is where the consternation rises way up into the throat.   ;D

Good luck, GJ 
Good luck, GJ

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.    Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

Allie Mo

• California Gunslingers
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 09:45:39 AM »
So tell me is it true that someone with a SDQ and was third in category won overall for their gender?  How is that fair?
"If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat." - Robert A. Heinlein

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 06:06:14 PM »
So tell me is it true that someone with a SDQ and was third in category won overall for their gender?  How is that fair?

Cuz' She beat the ladies on six of the stages, essentially tied them on four stages, had one bad stage and an SDQ. How did it happen? She out-shot them on the rest of the match. So turn the question around, "How is it fair for a lady shooter that is turning in times that are competitive to the modern men to be essentially kicked out of the match by an SDQ?" If she can out-shoot them on 11 stages and still win, she needs the trophy! If they don't like it, learn to shoot better! This is a shooting match, not a costume contest!

If I remember correctly (and I may not) Long Hunter won the world championship in traditional years ago with an SDQ. He simply out shot everyone else on 11 stages.  This is the advantage to stage point scoring.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

lostvaquero

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 12:48:49 AM »
So does the announcement that cowboy sanctioned matches state and above are now Total Time apply to WB as well?

Back 40

• WBAS Regional Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 04:11:16 PM »
Lostvaquero, I believe the WB rules committee would say no at this time.   

marshal stone

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 12:56:41 PM »
Lostvaquero, I believe the WB rules committee would say no at this time.

I know at least three if not all four members of the rules committee support the current scoring method.

Marshal Stone

Last Chance

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 02:51:52 PM »
"WildBunch scoring has not changed at this time" - Texas Jack Morales

Happy Jack

• Wild Bunch Committee Chairman
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »
Just back from 10 days in Michigan.    Wild Bunch scoring has NOT CHANGED at this time.    However we do not own SASS so they may make a decision for us.
1911's RULE !!!

Col. Cornelius Gilliam

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »
Of course it becomes a non problem if you use total time.
The problem with total time is what do you do with a stage DQ? There is no way to deal with a SDQ in total time so it in essence becomes a Match DQ. And that is not fair. Stage point scoring translates stage time in to points and the shooter gets 0 points for a SDQ. Thus they stay competitive even with a SDQ.

Actually, the SASS recommended SDQ for total time - 5 seconds per available miss on the stage plus 30 seconds works really well in my experience.

Kid Rich

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »
Of course it becomes a non problem if you use total time.
The problem with total time is what do you do with a stage DQ? There is no way to deal with a SDQ in total time so it in essence becomes a Match DQ. And that is not fair. Stage point scoring translates stage time in to points and the shooter gets 0 points for a SDQ. Thus they stay competitive even with a SDQ.

Actually, the SASS recommended SDQ for total time - 5 seconds per available miss on the stage plus 30 seconds works really well in my experience.
I agree.
kR