Author Topic: Texas State Wild Bunch Championship 11-4-17 thru 11-5-17  (Read 995 times)

Grouchy Spike

Re: Texas State Wild Bunch Championship 11-4-17 thru 11-5-17
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 01:05:41 AM »
Thanks to Goatneck Clem and all who contributed their time to host this match.   There was plenty of shooting on scenarios which were easy to understand, with a variety of target placements to challenge the shooters. Thanks to special connections by Goatneck, the weather was absolutely perfect.   I'm looking forward to Texas State WB 2018! 
Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

Grouchy Spike

Re: Texas State Wild Bunch Championship 2017
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:44 AM »
I forgot to say that 29 shooters participated in the Texas State WB match, up from 13 last year and third only to the inaugural Texas State WB match in 2012 (51) and the Texas State Rifle Association WB match in 2012 (30). 

Congratulations to the Match Director, Goatneck Clem, Dusty Boddams, Evil Roy, the members of the CVV and LSFSC, and the TSRA by Texas Ghost for fanning the spark!  I'm sure that there are others who contributed to this revival but their names are unknown to me.

News: 17 or 18 shooters participated in BAMM!

The BAMM participation is a notable achievement, marking growth from the Texas State Match in 2014 where as I recall about 6 shooters participated of 17 registered for the match.  Dusty Boddams and Captain Jarrett initiated this event, and Goatneck Clem and Evil Roy championed it nationally.  Or was that internationally?  Considering the number of Swss K-31s and Mausers of all kinds, I would hope that BAMM would be an international event!

Had not allergies been kicking my butt, I'd have finished the 2017 main match and added one count to BAMM.  Some days it's chicken, other days it's feathers!
Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot