Author Topic: 7 in the magazine  (Read 1043 times)

J. Frank Norfleet

• IXL
  • WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
Re: 7 in the magazine
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 08:23:04 AM »
"Effective Jan. 01, 2018 ALL WBAS SANCTIONED matches will go to 7 rounds in the magazine."

Does this mean that magazines must always be loaded to 7?  If so, it is just going to make match planners life more difficult. Stages with odd number of shots will, in my opinion, create possible confusion for the participants, both shooters and scorers.

My local clubs are having a difficult time getting decent WB turnout. None of them use the impossible WB scoring system; lots of bitching about the 6 round 97 loading requirement in a gun designed for 5 (duh!), all have gone to allowing .38 rifles with a PF of 150. No one cares about BAAM rifles in our small pistol bays.

I personally enjoy shooting stoked 97's and shooting 1911's, as what could possibly go wrong with 100+ year old firearm designs?

Anyhow, I believe that going from 5 to 7 in the 1911 is not going to accomplish anything positive for the sport other than prove the validity of unintended consequences.

Church Key

Church Key,
You do not have to load 7. The current rule reads that you may load up to 5 but no more. So you may load less, the Barney Fife magazine that some carry is an example.
Happy Jack's post says that ALL SANCTIONED matches are 7 round matches. So EoT, WR, Regional and State championships must be 7 round matches. Your local club can do what ever they want. I expect that WB side matches at most SASS club annuals will be 5 round matches. If it is not sanctioned it is up to the match director and ultimately the shooters.
JFN
"Pilgrim, life is hard - It's a lot harder when you're stupid."  Marion Mitchell Morrison

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein