Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Doc Faraday, SASS #5749

Super Moderators
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About Doc Faraday, SASS #5749

  • Rank
    Moderator, SASS RO Committee

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    The Great NW
  • Interests
    CAS, gardening, woodworking, photography

Previous Fields

  • SASS Number or "Guest"
    5749L BCVC32
  • SASS Affiliated Club
    Smokey Point Desperados

Recent Profile Visitors

4,969 profile views
  1. Reloading data

    Yes, loading data is not allowed. Hopefully, responses will be PM's and not public postings. thanks, Doc
  2. Dickwholliday,


    The SASSWire Guidelines state that you may not sell for someone else.  I know that you are doing it fort a good cause, but them's the rules.





  3. Rust Bucket Pietta

  4. Rust Bucket Pietta

    I was cleaning the workshop and cam across a bag with this Pietta Remington. Parts are partially rusted and I'm not sure they are all there. If someone can use it for parts, then I'd sell it for $25 which basically covers Priority shipping. Frame has adjustable sites, but I guess they could be welded. 44 Caliber
  5. Question for moderators concerning transactions on the wire

    Buying and selling on the SASSWire Classifieds is at the buyer and sellers own risk. We have found that 99.9% of the buyers and sellers are good and honest folks. There is the other 0.1% of either buyers who are never satisfied with what they bought or sellers who mis-represent the item being sold. Because these can be problems with either the buyer or the seller - it becomes a "he said/she said". There is no way we can get involved. What we try and do is look for patterns (which because of the volume of posts and we are volunteers can be difficult). We are mainly concerned with mis-use of the SASSWire Classifieds. One of the examples I use is one about a seller who would follow the Guidelines regarding posting a price, but required the buyer to contact him either by phone or email to complete the deal. During this communication he would state that he had another offer at a higher price but would sell it to the SASS Member at the higher price. We had several complaints from different buyers regarding this so we did take action and PM'ed the seller and told him that he must sell the item for the price listed in the Classifieds. He stopped selling. That is about all we can do. Doc
  6. Black Harris, Elder Kate, Rowdy Yates, Doc Faraday, Wild Shot

    I am disappointed in the way the Saloon is not being moderated. The rules are no politics, and yet some people just keep on doing it, knowing the rules won't be enforced. If I were to stand up and say that material is improper per the rules, I'd get dumped on by them. If I were to leave as pejorative remarks about...

  7. I may not have been paying much attention, but is this the way the wire is? People calling each other names, making accusations or comparisons to such as child molesters? People are allowed to twist something someone says into something they didn't?

    I must say, I don't want to be a member of it.

    Aunt Jen