SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

Attention Dealers and Guests

Hello,

If you are a dealer or guest, you may not initiate threads. You may purchase items or respond to posts that Members with valid SASS numbers initiate.

All threads not in compliance will be deleted without notice.

Regards,

Allie Mo for The Moderating Team

I've often wondered if the ads we see, "selling for a friend etc" isn't the same as a guest or non SASS member posting for sale.

I hope you are referring to initiating threads for ads to sell on the classifieds!! Want to buy and other non for sale threads should still be allowed, correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Bad Hand,

About your post, "I've often wondered if the ads we see, "selling for a friend etc" isn't the same as a guest or non SASS member posting for sale," I once posted for a SASS member who was not Wire savvy and asked for help. So, I would say they are not always the same, although they could be. We have no way of knowing in some cases. However, if there appears to be cause to believe someone is using the "I'm selling for a friend" as a means to circumvent the rules or Moderation, we will take action.

Regards,

Allie Mo

The following is from the main forum page.

"The SASS Wire Classified is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY. Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member, in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted. You may not sell reloaded ammunition. Commercial Posts from merchants or dealers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned from the SASS Wire. Auctions, raffles and fundraisers are not allowed and will be removed immediately. SASS in no way endorses or guarantees any information posted on this page. Postings will automatically be deleted after one week. ***BE INFORMED*** It is mandatory that all firearms sales are done through the proper FFL channels. Other agencies read this Wire and you are strongly advised to abide by the law. If you are not sure of the laws for firearm sales and transfers, learn before you buy or sell."

FYI I received the following message about Dealers posting. "Is this only being selectively applied? Take a look at the classifieds and see the "dealers" that have listed items. You don't need to reply, just be fair on how you apply your rule."

Folks, the Moderators have no way of knowing who is a dealer. If we get a complaint, naming names, we can check it out. Please use the Report link (left of the Quote buttons) in the thread as that will place a copy of the post in The Moderator Control Panel.

Thanks!

Allie Mo

If you have an FFL, you cannot sell or advertise here.

Contact Amber Oakley, at the SASS office for details of posting on the Merchant Corner forum.

Edited by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217