SASS Wire Forum
Chili Pepper Jack

Youtube Cowboy Channel?

Just thought I would see how many pards on the wire have a Youtube channel that they post their shooting videos on? If you have one please post it up I would like to see them and subscribe! I am starting one for fun hope to track my progress as I shoot more, and you never know might just peek an interest in another person and get them involved in the sport. 

Youtube got me interested in the sport and the people in our community got me hooked after going to see a match in Griffin Ga. with Doc. Holliday's Immortals. I am not sure how to help grow the sport but I will do what I can by putting myself out there on youtube hoping it might get someone to a match someday. 

For all of you fast guys if you see anything that might help me please feel free to give advice to a newish shooter. All of this stems from Father Kit Cool Gun Garth post of his first shoot with a video of each stage and his lessons learned. That to me took a very BIG SET to post good and bad on an open forum with the quality of shooters that are on the wire!

So I am attaching a link below of a stage at the Ga. State Championship that I forgot my pistols, would have got a P if it wasn't for Rainmaker yelling at me "PISTOLS PISTOLS PISTOLS"!

Edited by Chili Pepper Jack
  • Like 2

I have a link posted below my posts for the videos I make of the Owl Creek Raiders monthly matches.  

I have expanded some into uploading some of my DYI projects on gun repair and reloading. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTSBnxH04BU1aNmQH727UMA

Edited by Warden Callaway
  • Like 2

We have a You Tube channel for our clubs.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqDRlAtTxqCqv5efiZRW12A

Northern Nevada Cowboy Action Shooters

Our WEB site, http://www.northernnevadacas.com has links to the You Tube channel, the Photo Bucket page, and links to the four associated clubs scores and newsletters here in the Reno, NV area.

Edited by jlthurman
  • Like 2

My wife, Doc Barium has a channel with CAS videos.  It is the Doc Barium channel.  She has videos from EOT, Winter Range, regional and state matches.

• Like 2

My favorite is Jed I TV Every few weeks he comes up with a new cowboy program

He examines every aspect of Cowboy Action Shooting. Here is the latest.

• Like 2

Chili Pepper Jack,

You are too kind my friend. Great post! Glad you created your on channel. :D

For those of you that read the SASS WIRE, Jack and I through multiple PM's have found several common goals that we both share, and those are:

1. Promote Cowboy Action Shooting in as many ways as possible;
  2. Improve our own skill level and knowledge of the sport through WIRE posts and critiques of our videos;
  3. Enjoy the comradery of our fellow shooters and use their experience and advise along with suggestions to improve our game.

Jack....look forward to shooting with you some time in the future. Maybe we'll tie at EoT? :huh:

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Chili Pepper Jack,

You are too kind my friend. Great post! Glad you created your on channel. :D

For those of you that read the SASS WIRE, Jack and I through multiple PM's have found several common goals that we both share, and those are:

1. Promote Cowboy Action Shooting in as many ways as possible;
  2. Improve our own skill level and knowledge of the sport through WIRE posts and critiques of our videos;
  3. Enjoy the comradery of our fellow shooters and use their experience and advise along with suggestions to improve our game.

Jack....look forward to shooting with you some time in the future. Maybe we'll tie at EoT? :huh:

EOT would be a longterm goal for me. I am sure I can make it to FL before that to shoot with ya. 

I find the videos very helpful to study.  One of the best examples from our Chanel are the following two videos. 

These are two shooters on the same stage.  Can you see the transition error that cost Jackpot Jerry (me) three seconds?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

This should get you to mine.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wartracecowboy/featured

This is what you don't want to do, 1st stage of the match.

Randy

What happened after the fall? Did you get a re-shoot or was that it? 

48 minutes ago, jlthurman said:

I find the videos very helpful to study.  One of the best examples from our Chanel are the following two videos. 

{videos removed ONLY to conserve space}

These are two shooters on the same stage.  Can you see the transition error that cost Jackpot Jerry (me) three seconds?

Jackpot Jerry:

You took your shotgun to the pistol station whereas Slim dropped his at the shotgun stage?

You also had a minor issue getting one of the shotgun shells out of the gun.

I took the shotgun with me and staged it with my right hand the pulled the right pistol. If I had left it at the shotgun stage or better shucked it on the move and staged with my left hand while drawing with my right I would have been faster. 

7 minutes ago, jlthurman said:

I took the shotgun with me and staged it with my right hand the pulled the right pistol. If I had left it at the shotgun stage or better shucked it on the move and staged with my left hand while drawing with my right I would have been faster. 

Jackpot Jerry:

I didn't catch that as I was concentrating on where you left the shotgun. :blink:

Watched the video again, and saw the right hand on both the shotgun and drawing the first pistol. :blush:

I'm assuming that during the transition, if you were going to take the shotgun with you, that you would have carried it and laid it down with your left hand, so that you could draw your pistol with the right at the same time, thus saving seconds.

2 hours ago, jlthurman said:

Videos are great to study, love to pic videos of me apart trying to find time. Also like looking at other peoples videos see how they are making up time on stages. Always looking for a faster way for doing things! 

Correct. I should have shucked on the run switching shotgun to left hand while drawing right pistol. That would save three seconds. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I have a couple of youtube channels... LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Yeah, I have a couple of youtube channels... LOL

I have been looking at them Grizzly Dave, thank you for putting up all the videos helping new shooters! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

I have been looking at them Grizzly Dave, thank you for putting up all the videos helping new shooters! 

I'm glad that you have found them useful!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

What happened after the fall? Did you get a re-shoot or was that it? 

Match DQ, 10 shots and I was done for the day. I TO'd for the posse the rest of the day.

Randy

22 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Match DQ, 10 shots and I was done for the day. I TO'd for the posse the rest of the day.

Randy

Randy the video did not clearly show what happened when you went down to cause the MDQ? 

It had rained overnight and that was the first stage of the day and the floor had some water in spots. My feet went out from under me and both pistols slid out of the holsters when I hit the floor, both were loaded.

Randy

Edited by Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903
typo

16 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

It had rained overnight and that was the first stage of the day and the floor had some water in spots. My feet went ount from under me and both pistols slid out of the holsters when I hit the floor, both were loaded.

Randy

That is some hard luck just glad you were OK.

Try the Cowboy Action Shooters Champions Forum on you tube for instructional videos.  Just getting started.

I've got a couple videos. 

• Like 1

Here is a YouTube channel that is not so much Cowboy Action Shooting but he does some excellent reviews on cowboy guns and loading. He is a cowboy action shooter and is known here a Bottom Dealing Mike.  His YouTube channel is Duelist1954.

https://www.youtube.com/user/duelist1954

His latest video is a review of Cimarron Richards 1860 Army.  Note, he goes frontier cartridge gunfighter with a pair of conversation revolvers somewhere in the middle of the video.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kirk James said:

Try the Cowboy Action Shooters Champions Forum on you tube for instructional videos.  Just getting started.

I subscribe to it, just wish more shooters would put stuff on it. I love the idea of getting the top shooter together in one place to help others. 

11 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

It had rained overnight and that was the first stage of the day and the floor had some water in spots. My feet went out from under me and both pistols slid out of the holsters when I hit the floor, both were loaded.

Randy

What a bummer!! At least ya didn't get hurt!:o

Here's a link to my own channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7XIVBYiA0DhdX4mKwbczXw

Missouri Marshal's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/missourimarshal/

Hawkeye Gin's cowboy action playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKuamP0cm-Fyp_dw5t_-D1TC4Qf56ecIs

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Just thought I would see how many pards on the wire have a Youtube channel that they post their shooting videos on? If you have one please post it up I would like to see them and subscribe! I am starting one for fun hope to track my progress as I shoot more, and you never know might just peek an interest in another person and get them involved in the sport. 

Youtube got me interested in the sport and the people in our community got me hooked after going to see a match in Griffin Ga. with Doc. Holliday's Immortals. I am not sure how to help grow the sport but I will do what I can by putting myself out there on youtube hoping it might get someone to a match someday. 

For all of you fast guys if you see anything that might help me please feel free to give advice to a newish shooter. All of this stems from Father Kit Cool Gun Garth post of his first shoot with a video of each stage and his lessons learned. That to me took a very BIG SET to post good and bad on an open forum with the quality of shooters that are on the wire!

So I am attaching a link below of a stage at the Ga. State Championship that I forgot my pistols, would have got a P if it wasn't for Rainmaker yelling at me "PISTOLS PISTOLS PISTOLS"!

LOL!  I did the same thing on that stage, fortunately Dutch Coroner was paying attention (at least one of us was) and started yelling at me as soon as I grabbed the shotgun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CodyMaverick said:

LOL!  I did the same thing on that stage, fortunately Dutch Coroner was paying attention (at least one of us was) and started yelling at me as soon as I grabbed the shotgun.

Did you see on the video that I was dumb enough to put the shotgun rounds back in my belt!! LOL