SASS Wire Forum
evil dogooder

Rescue horse arrived today

Yet to be named 12 yr old appy. Was a pretty good brood mare.  Ridden when young and remembers a bunch.  

Fresh out of qt

The plan is to turn her into a trail horse but if she wants to do mounted shooting too so be it. 

20171007_124357.jpg

• Like 2

Here's her budy

20171007_124411.jpg

Nice lookin' Appy. They've been my favorite for quite a few years. A solid gelding I had was a great trail horse; the mare was good, but the gelding was better. The mare did work cattle though. My blanketed Gelding was the best one though; he moved cattle, team penned, did trail work, just about anything asked of him. I just lost my quarter horse, gelding, a blue roan in July and have adopted a rescue, companion horse for my wife's palomino Paint. They're yard art right now, but may ride them soon.

I have a special place for Appaloosas.  Here is my little mare. She tore a suspensory and had to be hand walked for 9 months.  I got to ride her for about a year and show her a bit, she was a finished reiner before she suffered another injury.  I gave her to a friend who adores her.  I purchased this mare from Hall of Fame breeder/owner, Jim Wild.  Sadly he passed away this year.  He owned Wapiti and kept his stall and run empty all of the years.  Jim was a great man and truly an ambassador for the breed!  

If you are interested, its possible to get hardship papers on your pair.  The ApHC website has the info. 

IMG_0584.JPG

• Like 1

I love my Appy as well.  He and I have been riding buddies for around 17 years.  Hate to see him get old.  He says the same to me all the time.

Gambler Joe.jpg