Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903

ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK? Tennessee State Championship

Recommended Posts

Once again we are collecting money for the American Cancer Society during the Tennessee State Championship. Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink? 

We will be collecting and raising money to send to the American Cancer Society for cancer research. This is not just for Breast Cancer but Are You Tough Enough To Wear Teal just doesn't have the same ring to it. If you'd like to donate by check please make it out to The American Cancer Society. There will be a collection jar floating around and as always I'll tape the first $100.00 bill inside it. 

 

I think everyone has been touched in some way by cancer and hopefully this money will help in research to find a cure. Last year we were able to collect and send $2379.00 to the Cancer Society, This year I hope we can send even more.

 

This  cause has always been close to my heart but this year it means even more. We've had lots of Cowboys step up with ways donate and  to challenge others to. These are in another thread but I'll try to copy and paste them in replies here.

 

This Thursday even if you're not shooting the Tennessee State Championship but are in the area, put on your best Pink clothing and come and visit us. I hope to see pink everywhere I look on Thursday.

 

See you at the range

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

We are going to raffle off a hand crafted knife with scabbard donated by Dusty Wilcox. We will sell 1 deck of cards for $5 a card. We included a deck of vintage style Jack Daniel's playing cards and some of the finest adult refreshment. (the computer, printer and all gob of cables in the background are not included) The knife alone or the bottle alone are worth a $5 chance and together it's a heck of a deal. All of the money raised with also go to the American Society.

 

Cards will be sold Thursday at the Trestle Stage until 1 deck is sold, when you come to buy your cards bring your rifle and pistol and try to "Cut The Rope", also bring your Pocket Pistol and Derringer and try the speed matches for them.

 

Thanks

 

Randy

Knife Raffle.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2017 at 8:47 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

Lets step this challenge up to the Outlaw level.

If anyone can just clip the rope Outlaw style, that is one handed from the hip, I will donate $20 for the first 5 shooters that make it dance. Does not have to cut it clean but must at least cut a few threads.

If anyone cuts the rope from the hip on the first shot; ie. from the draw, I will add a $100 bill to the pot. Must be the first shot and it must cut the rope clean. First shot first time through. It can be done, just takes a little luck.

 

I got a pink shirt and found pink suspenders to wear with it. Cowboy up for a good cause.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2017 at 8:47 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

Lets step this challenge up to the Outlaw level.

If anyone can just clip the rope Outlaw style, that is one handed from the hip, I will donate $20 for the first 5 shooters that make it dance. Does not have to cut it clean but must at least cut a few threads.

If anyone cuts the rope from the hip on the first shot; ie. from the draw, I will add a $100 bill to the pot. Must be the first shot and it must cut the rope clean. First shot first time through. It can be done, just takes a little luck.

 

I got a pink shirt and found pink suspenders to wear with it. Cowboy up for a good cause.

 

On 9/24/2017 at 8:21 PM, Waimea said:

 

I ain't quite sure about cutting no rope but I bet I can make her jump a bit.

Get yer $20 ready Tombstone.

I ain't Hell but some say I am purdy close, and I'm coming.

 

Waimea

 

BTW There's 9 Outlaws so far signed up fer this shoot.

Better be some TALL weeds there.

Think I am gonna need em.

 

 

On 9/25/2017 at 3:24 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

Waimea, since there are so many Outlaws and Outlaw want to be's coming to this match, I will make it a little easier. If anyone cuts the rope cleanly with one shot from a draw I will drop the $100 bill in the jar. Frayed will get them $20; clean cut? well looks like I am out a little extra.

You can put the pistol back in your holster each time, just draw and shoot from the hip. Easy as can be.

I know Bodacious will want to try. Nothing makes him happier than beating me out of something.

To keep it interesting you could drop a buck in the jar each time you try. Dont have to but would be a nice gesture.

 

See everyone in a few weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you got something pink that ain't too Lacy that I could borrow, I might be tough enough.

 

Waimea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy

 

 

Don't  Forget that Vix-n With Vaqueros, Red Knee and Myself are Donating 3 Cases of Winchester AA LNLR Shotgun shells.  One Case will be for Best Dressed Cowboy  and Best Dressed Cowgirl in Pink.  on the 3rd Case Everyone that some kind of Pink on will be put into a drawing and winner will get that case.   

 

Blue Eyed Drfiter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Randy

 

 

Don't  Forget that Vix-n With Vaqueros, Red Knee and Myself are Donating 3 Cases of Winchester AA LNLR Shotgun shells.  One Case will be for Best Dressed Cowboy  and Best Dressed Cowgirl in Pink.  on the 3rd Case Everyone that some kind of Pink on will be put into a drawing and winner will get that case.   

 

Blue Eyed Drfiter

 

Thanks Drifter, I knew there was something else but after reading through 3 pages of the other post I gave up, hoping someone would remind me what it was. I getting old and my CRS kicks in on a regular basis now. 

 

Thanks again 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If ya'll really want to stand out in pink. 

 

https://www.nrsworld.com/cinch/mens-cinch-pink-pinpoint-oxford-long-sleeve-shirt-1751

 

Also, as much as those national charity organizations garner donations, not much of that is seen by women that have been diagnosed with the many forms of breast cancer.  If you want to really make a difference in a womans life within your community, here is a list of ideas to help out.

 

1. Donate time and groceries making precooked meals that can either be microwaved or thrown directly in the oven.  The last thing a woman is able to do after a mastectomy or chemo treatment is cook a healthy meal. These are by far the most appreciated items that can be directly donated.

 

2. October is breast cancer month but its also time to winterize.  A great way to help out is organize a few handymen and women to help with a few seasonal chores for a woman that has been recently diagnosed.  Rake leaves, clean out gutters, stack some firewood.  Clean a chimney or have a service do it. Go through and check for drafts around windows.  Caulking is cheap enough but the labor can get costly.  Helping a woman with these tasks is another way to show your appreciation.  This is also a good way to get the local high school football/basketball or FFA involved in community projects.

 

3. Women that are handy with knitting can make beanie caps to help keep cancer patients from being exposed to the elements.  These can be made in bulk and either donated to a local cancer charity or directly to an oncology group.  Trust me these are priceless.

 

4. We call them sunshine boxes.  This includes a nice felt throw, chapstick, lemon gumdrop candies, books, and water in small bottles in either a canvas bag or nice reusable box.  These can be donated to women going through chemotherapy.  There are other items but i cant think of them at the moment.

 

5. This is a big one and only costs you a bit of time.  Take her out to coffee or bring coffee and a listening ear.  A lot of women going through many types of cancer treatment get lost in doctors appointments and surgeries.  They forget to have girl time.  A woman who is just there to listen is invaluable.  You would be surprised at how isolated some women get. They most likely cant work, they cant make it through a shopping trip and are relegated to staying away from public places, so having someone stop by just for a visit is a lovely thing. 

 

And remember, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with some type of breast cancer in their lifetimes. Donate Local, help your community first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

In case any of you men need ideas on how to wear your pink, the following photo is from the 2008 SASS Convention.

 

Pink Guys.jpg

Thanks Allie, great picture.

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ginny Hinny said:

Ginny, I looked at that one but I wanted a snap closure shirt so I finally gave up and dyed one myself tonight.

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tombstone....  If I cut the rope with PISTOL or RIFLE...outlaw or "Scarlett style", I'll drop at least $20 in the jar!  Hell, two years ago I spent at least $20 in lead trying to fray the damn thing! I think that Randy felt bad for me and gave me a piece of rope! 

 

Cant wait to see everyone! 

 

Scarlett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Order some of Scarlett Special bullets !  Plan on Putting a couple of $20 in that  Jar. 

 

 In case you Interested her Special Bullets are $100 Box but she she Promises if you dont  cut the Rope the the next Box is Half Off !!!   what A Deal  (just Funn but well worth the Price)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Just Order some of Scarlett Special bullets !  Plan on Putting a couple of $20 in that  Jar. 

 

 In case you Interested her Special Bullets are $100 Box but she she Promises if you dont  cut the Rope the the next Box is Half Off !!!   what A Deal  (just Funn but well worth the Price)

 

Shhhh, Blue Eyed Drifter!!  THOSE "special bullets" and that "special price" was for YOU! 

 

Im thinking the American Cancer Society is gonna do well this weekend!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of friends that want to separate me from the $100, some I understand will be shooting 45's at the rope when they shoot 38's in the match. Probably will not help too much but I do have some friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have anything pink, imagine that, but will be more than happy to support the American Cancer Society. I like Ginny Hinny's suggestions as they involve actually dealing with a person as opposed to just giving money. And while money is important, I think personally helping someone out that is suffering the effects of cancer and its horrible treatments can mean so much more. When are we going to move out of the Dark Ages of cancer treatment and find a cure for that terrible disease? Our treatments remind me of when the medical community used leeches to suck blood out of patients. We can do better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Swift Stoney 49735 said:

I do not have anything pink, imagine that, but will be more than happy to support the American Cancer Society. I like Ginny Hinny's suggestions as they involve actually dealing with a person as opposed to just giving money. And while money is important, I think personally helping someone out that is suffering the effects of cancer and its horrible treatments can mean so much more. When are we going to move out of the Dark Ages of cancer treatment and find a cure for that terrible disease? Our treatments remind me of when the medical community used leeches to suck blood out of patients. We can do better.

Stoney, I think you're right, my wife's cancer didn't bother her much but the treatment almost killed her. Hopefully this money will help fund research to find a cure. 

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Tombstone....  If I cut the rope with PISTOL or RIFLE...outlaw or "Scarlett style", I'll drop at least $20 in the jar!  Hell, two years ago I spent at least $20 in lead trying to fray the damn thing! I think that Randy felt bad for me and gave me a piece of rope! 

 

Cant wait to see everyone! 

 

Scarlett

I'm confident that with your Special bullets you'll cut the rope. 

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Sunday in Virginia, the Mattaponi Sundowners are also hosting the Shoot for a Cure match. All proceeds go to fight cancer plus the club donates an additional $5 a head for everyone that pre registers. I started out years ago with a pink shirt that I no longer wear but now I have pink suspenders, pink arm garters and a pink scarf. The ladies make pink arm garters that they sell at the match to also help raise money. I also have a pin that says "Real Men Wear Pink" that was given to me years ago at a Brest Cancer fund raiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

...so I finally gave up and dyed one myself tonight.

 

Randy

 

Anita is hard at work with some pink dye right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Ginny, I looked at that one but I wanted a snap closure shirt so I finally gave up and dyed one myself tonight.

 

Randy

 

Here is a link to a wrangler, pearl snap buttin down. The nice thing about these rodeo shirts is they usually have a longer sleeve and tail so you dont lose your shirt tail running from stage to stage. 

 

https://www.cavenders.com/western/men/mens-shirts-apparel/wrangler-shirts/MTP134K?cm_mmc=Google-_-Men%7CMen%27s+Shirts+%26+Apparel%7CWrangler+Shirts-_-CSE-_-Wrangler+Men%27s+Tough+Enough+To+Wear+Pink+Long+Sleeve+Western+Snap&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqvnr65Pn1gIVyIV-Ch0eVAuSEAQYASABEgIkCvD_BwE

 

Good Luck to everyone at the shoot and if anyone is interested in donating to local causes or helping out a woman in your local area shoot me a pm and i will hook you up!  I have been messing with this disease going on three years and it seems that women get younger every year!  I currently have a very close friend who is stage IV with two young boys. She was 36 at diagnosis.  If nothing else, pray for these women who should be rockin and rollin but instead are fighting for their lives. 

 

Good day, 

Ginny

 

PS....this shirt is currently ON SALE!  Get two day shipping and maybe have it before the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I'm confident that with your Special bullets you'll cut the rope. 

 

Randy

My special Bullets are stealth SCISSORS! I'm gonna give it my best, though!  

Scarlett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Swift Stoney 49735 said:

Maybe I could borrow some pink arm thingys.

I'll bring you something PINK, Stoney!! Hee hee hee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jackalope said:

 

Anita is hard at work with some pink dye right now...

 

1 hour ago, Ginny Hinny said:

 

Here is a link to a wrangler, pearl snap buttin down. The nice thing about these rodeo shirts is they usually have a longer sleeve and tail so you dont lose your shirt tail running from stage to stage. 

 

https://www.cavenders.com/western/men/mens-shirts-apparel/wrangler-shirts/MTP134K?cm_mmc=Google-_-Men%7CMen%27s+Shirts+%26+Apparel%7CWrangler+Shirts-_-CSE-_-Wrangler+Men%27s+Tough+Enough+To+Wear+Pink+Long+Sleeve+Western+Snap&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqvnr65Pn1gIVyIV-Ch0eVAuSEAQYASABEgIkCvD_BwE

 

Good Luck to everyone at the shoot and if anyone is interested in donating to local causes or helping out a woman in your local area shoot me a pm and i will hook you up!  I have been messing with this disease going on three years and it seems that women get younger every year!  I currently have a very close friend who is stage IV with two young boys. She was 36 at diagnosis.  If nothing else, pray for these women who should be rockin and rollin but instead are fighting for their lives. 

 

Good day, 

Ginny

 

PS....this shirt is currently ON SALE!  Get two day shipping and maybe have it before the weekend. 

Jackalope, it's pretty time consuming. 

 

Ginny, I like that one and that is a good price. I think mine turned out ok. 

 

Thanks 

Randy 

IMG_2384.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

 

Jackalope, it's pretty time consuming. 

 

Ginny, I like that one and that is a good price. I think mine turned out ok. 

 

Thanks 

Randy 

You all are going to be very handsome in pink! 

 

3 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

IMG_2384.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Swift Stoney 49735 said:

I am afraid to even venture a guess Scarlett. 

I was thinking of wearing HOT PINK lipstick and giving you lots of kisses...which would, of course, require reapplication... you'd be in the pink...and the ENVY of every cowboy on the range...laughing stock, too, maybe? :wub:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 9:24 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

 

Raising money for the American Cancer Society is going well, I won the case of shotgun shells that Blue Eyed Drifter and Vixen with Vaqueros donated for the best pink cowboy. I auctioned them off and Korupt Karl paid $150 which was added to the cancer jug. 

 

Tonight was Side Match awards and dinner on the range. After the awards Whiskey Hayes gave away the door prizes pictured below, every shooter present got something. 

 

Tomorrow is the final day, seems like time flies by. 

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.