SASS Wire Forum
Wyatt Hurts SASS#72737

SKB 100 Stock What's a fair price

I have a chance to buy an original SKB 100 stock no cracks no dings. Not a fancy grade wood but nice. The guy wants me to make him an offer. What is a fair price?

Thanks

Wyatt Hurts

I make and repair stocks.

Standard grade Carlo Walnut. Better than factory in most cases. 90% inletted.

Buttstock $150.00

Forestock - $75.00

Edited by Ace_of_Hearts

Thank you that's a good piece of information to know. I will  keep you in mind too. Would your stocks need to be finished or is that already done by you?

Thanks

The reason nobody is answering your question is that it's been so long since anyone had a factory stock for sale, nobody has any idea of it's worth.   I'd guress a  good factory stock could bring $250.00 or more for someone who badly needs one.  They just don't show up anymore

14 minutes ago, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

The reason nobody is answering your question is that it's been so long since anyone had a factory stock for sale, nobody has any idea of it's worth.   I'd guress a  good factory stock could bring $250.00 or more for someone who badly needs one.  They just don't show up anymore

+1.  Orginal wood is hard to find and someone that needs one would be willing to pay a good price for it.

3 hours ago, Wyatt Hurts SASS#72737 said:

Thank you that's a good piece of information to know. I will  keep you in mind too. Would your stocks need to be finished or is that already done by you?

Thanks

The stocks I sell are 90% inletted. You would have to fit it to your gun using simple hand tools and then finish it yourself.

• Like 1

There is one on Ebay right now for $240.......I bought an unfinished one today from Ebay for $75 shipped