SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot, former “cat herder”, had been watching all of the goings on for the past couple of days and was baffled. Bottles offered him water with the steak that he ordered and he shunned it thinking this might be cause of this town’s afflictions. :D

• Like 1

The Saloon was getting empty this time of night, as most of the cowboys had headed upstairs to associate with the ladies. Madame Lorelei moseyed over to where Mr. Riot was sitting eating his dinner, thinking to strike up a conversation.

As I headed out to necessary a cowboy dressed only in his long handles ran by almost knocking me over. I yelled after his departing figure, ‘Hey yuh big galoot, watch where yer ago’n!!’ ‘Yuh nearly ruint mah good boots!!’

• Like 1

Deborgille's skeptical look did not dissuade the gentlemanly Jerez from extending the ribbon, nor from asking in a gentle voice, "And if I may, dear Lady, might I have the pleasure of your company for the entire night?"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Madame Lorelei placed her hand on Pat Riots knee  and asked him if he needed anything .

Pat  spilled his water  all down the front of himself .

The ladies don't much pay attention to Pat,  

Only when  he  comes in  for his  monthly  bath and has money  .

Edited by Brett Black
  • Haha 1

Rye sat outside the saloon rolling himself a smoke and wondering what the heck was going on in this crazy town!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Returning to the saloon, I wandered over to Pat’s table. ‘Howdy Pat.” “Miss Lorelei, don’t mean to interrupt but I just had my good boots near ruint out back by some jasper runn’n down the alley in his long handles.” “Was I you I’d check on my girls tuh be sure they’s awright.”

Edited by Cactus Jack Calder
  • Like 1

Pat smiled at Miss Lorelei and excused himself. For no apparent reason that anyone could see he walked over to Brett Black, picked up a spittoon and emptied the contents over his head, disarmed him and then threw him out into the street through the batwing doors. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

never mind...move along...

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Pat turned around and found Maddog smiling and the point of Maddog's Knife in the center of his chest.

• Like 1

With out his gang around to back him up Brett Black disappeared into the night .

Looking for a trough to clean him self up .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

(Sorry. That was 2 sentences. If permitted I could add many more at Brett’s expense. :lol: )

It appears we’ll have to dust off the old Saloon rules for proper storytelling. It’s obvious many are not aware they ever existed.

:o

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Pat smiled at Maddog “You might want to think twice...you might get blood on your pretty white shirt and the town laundry is terrible about getting stains out of cotton fabrics.”

• Like 1

It appeared that Pat's isolation to the town of Tarrant left him unaware of the reputation that Maddog had obtained.

He has been heard to say, "I'm not the type to stab somebody in the back, but I'd walk right up to them, shove it in the center of their chest and laugh in their face as I twisted the knife. If I like you, and you made me mad, I would likely rip your heart out and shove it down your throat while you choke to death on it. You don't want to know what I would do if I didn't like you." *

*Actual quote from Maddog McCoy himself.

After watching all the shenanigans going on in the saloon, Smoken D steps out from a dark corner and Maddog hears the distinct sound of a gun being cocked and a cold barrel placed upon his neck. Smoken says, "Bottles gonna have a lot of blood ta clean up ifen you push that blade any further, I don't miss at this range".

• Like 1

Meanwhile Ranger Ed and Old Pete are gathering up some Rangers and the Sheriff  to take control of this town before they loose all Control .

• Like 1

While organizing the posse, I said to the Sheriff, ‘John, that Pat Riot really busted things wide open.’ ‘They say “He’s been in the desert so long, he knows all the lizards by their first names.”’ ‘I reckon if we get Brett Black and that Maddog fellow the rest of the gang will drift.’

• Like 1

"what Pat did was a might unfriendly, if he buys me a drink, I might forget what he did."

• Like 1

With all the attention going on over at the Saloon .

Brett Black and his gang start checking out the bank its unattended at the moment.

• Like 1

Jerez propped the handspan-wide portrait against Deborgille's ornate mirror and said "Look at this portrait, dear Lady, and then look in the mirror."

• Like 1

Pat winked at Smoken D.

“Maddog, I accept. I’ll buy you a drink.” 

• Like 1

Ranger Cool, who had passed Ranger Ed and Ol Pete several days ago on their way to Tarrant, was returning from his visit to Fort Belknap and his meeting with Brigadier William G. Belknap. Traveling back through Comanche Country was always dangerous, and required a keen, watchful eye for oncoming danger. 

Smoken D spins his 45 twice and snaps it back in the holster. That's more like it fellows, think I'll have me a sapper Bottles. Both Pat and Maddog took notice of that gun handling as they grab their drinks.

• Like 1

Pat said “Nice gun handling”.

• Like 1

With everyone paying attention to the Saloon .

The Brett Black gang moseyed in and out of the only bank in town .

With all the loot and headed slowly out of town .

• Like 1

Rye was finishing up his smoke and wondering how he could get to be a ranger. He was mainly a cowboy going from ranch to ranch and needed something steady for a change. Rangering seemed to appeal to him!

(sorry more than one sentence:P)

• Like 1

Rye had heard the stories about Ranger Cool and thought this might be the guy to talk to. Rye was known as a pretty good "gun hand".

• Like 1

Brett Black and his gang is headed to the Mexican Blackbird Trail to Old Mexico 

• Like 1

Barney Smith, the bank president, burst into the Saloon "The bank has been robbed! Where's the Sheriff? It was that Brett Black and his gang!"

• Like 1

Brett Black and his gang 

Knows only a crafty desert rat knows about the Old Blackbird Trail .

• Like 1

Deborgille stared at the portrait propped up against her fancy cathouse mirror, then at her reflection in the fancy cathouse mirror, stared open mouthed at two images of herself that looked back at her.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sheriff York gathered volunteers for the posse to go after Bret Black and his gang. He said “We need Old Pete to track this bunch, he knows the desert trails like the back of his hand.” “How about it Pete you ready to ride?” “Jest es soon es I get ‘Ol Ghost’ saddled” said Pete.

Edited by Cactus Jack Calder
  • Like 1

"I'm ready" said Rye as he mounted his horse to join the posse.

• Like 1

Old Pete spent so much time out in the desert . 

He knows every inch of it , and every water hole thier is .

• Like 1

Neither knew it but  Brett Black & Ranger Cool were gunna' ran smack  head on into each other  & a band of Comanche  led by that pesky Mohawk were close by.

• Like 1