SASS Wire Forum

I just wanted to stay with tradition and have a rank points topic after winter range.  feel free to ignore.  :)

• Haha 2

I was raised with Rank Points and I was good with it.  Time is now the standard and I am good with it.   

• Like 7

Mary Anne   :D

Rank points good gosh don't even think about them. Mercy you want to have a riot on your hands. Mercy, Mercy.

Thank god they are a thing of the past.

Maybe we should go back to when it was either Modern or Traditional category. Geeeeez!

JRJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If your gona kick that mule put your Spurs on.

JOE,  

Not long ago,  you could have posted this thread and it would have 4 pages of comments already..... ;)

And there would have been a multitude of fact presented where Cowboy X would have won over Cowboy Y if it were a 'Timed' event, etc.......

YEA, its good to keep 'tradition' on the Wire, but I wonder if you'll get a great debate going again.

..........Widder

• Like 2

Not missed at all!!

Ginger

Kajun

Edited by Krazy Kajun

Just wait till you see the next scoring system.  Mad mathematicians are devising it right now in a secret underground bunker. 

• Haha 1

We got rid of rank points now we can try to forgive a miss or two in a match 

this would change the out come  

If that can change we could address procedures     Just stirring the pot

thanks 

What's rank points?:lol:

One could make the case that rank points put more pressure on a shooter, making the match a closer simulation to a real gunfight.

However, rank points are so confusing and make so little difference in the outcome for most cases, that I can make a better case for total time scoring. 

- Tex Fiddler

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Just wait till you see the next scoring system.  Mad mathematicians are devising it right now in a secret underground bunker. 

It's still a secret...5a95ba81cbeb9_SpyHandoff-RESIZED.jpg.a51ad5165ca6345bba8a1761eea18296.jpg

GINGER!

I was and still am for two ways to do this

by height (with boots on)

or

alphabetical 

This is too funny....... I applaud starting this thread. 

I want us to all start using multivariate statistical analysis based on a poison distribution (not a normal distribution) with compensation for common cause scores and a mechanism to throw out special cause scores (a mulligan redactor).  Don't forget we will also need the hangover coefficient and the flu compensator.  With a full liberal embellishment of miss averaging moving misses from those who missed a lot to those who missed not at all, so those clean shooters do not have to bear the wrath of cleanliness.  And the scores from the last five years need to be used to calculate a handicap like bowling to level out the field further.  Finally in keeping with biblical teaching the least of us shall be first so flip the scores so the slowest one wins the biggest trophy.

And I want a requirement that all members of the fairer gender must hug often and frequently yours truly to prevent endorphin deficiency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Why not simply: Rank Points with Traditional, Duelist and Gunfighter Shooting Classes.  What does gender, age, costume or powder have to do with it ?

Big savings on awards with awards ceremony short and crisp.  

18 hours ago, LostVaquero said:

If you want rank points then shoot WB.  They are still using that system.

Ha!  It's known as Stage Points!  All of the Rank Point Score Sheets that I've seen included time and penalties in addition to Rank Points.  Not Stage Point Score Sheets!

Stage Points is  a bit different than Rank Points because of presentation of Rank Points and Percentages - no time or penalties.  It is designed to Totally Disguise Performance and present only the order of finish.  For anyone who compares his/her performance to another with Raw Time and Total Time, this system has no benefit and no value. IMO.  Some say that it places little penalty on a Stage DQ.   I motion to commit it to the dust bin of history.

On a bit of a side track . . . 

I self identify as a clean shooter with no misses; does that mean all my matches from here will be scores as clean?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Texas Jack Daniels said:

And the scores from the last five years need to be used to calculate a handicap

Now there's an idea.  That way the people who are getting better are winning the awards, not just the people who are faster.  But 5 years seems like a long time, will allowances be made for new shooters? 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

I just wanted to stay with tradition and have a rank points topic after winter range.  feel free to ignore.  :)

:lol: That right there is FUNNY!!! I'm gonna be laughing about this all day.  Thanks! :lol:

• Haha 1

I definitely didn't like rank points but I do miss seeing the stage ranks on the scores. I liked comparing the top times for the different stages and seeing who got it fastest. I just want more data. Wish I could see the misses and penalties too. 

No Ford

No Chevy

"G M C"

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

No Ford

No Chevy

"G M C"

Match DQ :angry:

10 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Match DQ :angry:

STYLE POINTS    not rank

• Like 1

Or throw out the best stage, worst stage and the one timed by the French TO

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

STYLE POINTS    not rank

In that case it's an MDQ and permanent ban.  :angry:

(I'm a Ford guy in case you haven't guessed :lol: )

• Like 1

I won't hold it against you.  But I think under a rank point system I can overcome the set back of a MDQ.

"Rank points suck" Ethan Callahan since 2000 or so from the sass wire.   You were free to quote me on it from back then and forward until eternity.   Glad they are gone.    

I  am confused. ... Jim No Horse

LOL  YIKES