SASS Wire Forum
Yul Lose

Wanted— Old Rugged Gear Cart

Do any of you folks have one of the early model Rugged Gear carts sitting around that has the front wheel bearing issue? If so I’d like to borrow it for two reasons: 1- I want to see if my bearings fit.  2- I have been asked to build a chest that fits in the front of the cart and I need a cart to get the angles correct on the chest sides. I’ll pay shipping both ways AND I’ll replace the bearings that the front wheel pivots on. PM me if you’re interested. Thanks.

Yul Lose

If you are going to be at Chorro Valley in August you can measure mine. I have a REALLY OLD one.

2 minutes ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

If you are going to be at Chorro Valley in August you can measure mine. I have a REALLY OLD one.

Well you’re in luck, I think I’ll be there. How’s yer bearings?

WOW, when I saw the heading I thought this is like a Brain Surgeon asking if anyone knows a good Barber to pull his teeth:wacko:

Or da Vinci asking if anyone knows where he can get a painting done by a Monkey (no offence meant to Rugged Carts in any way:D)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I think his bearings are off a little...

Texas Lizard

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Bearing are great. They sent me a whole new front end at no charge last year.

I snapped the handle off at RR Bar last year, the brakes were toast and the front end was worn.

Got new handles, new brakes and a pair of holsters tho mount on it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

WOW, when I saw the heading I thought this is like a Brain Surgeon asking if anyone knows a good Barber to pull his teeth:wacko:

Or da Vinci asking if anyone knows where he can get a painting done by a Monkey (no offence meant to Rugged Carts in any way:D)

Sometime when I run out of things to build I’m going to build a Rugged Gear cart out of wood.

• Haha 3

Howdy,

I figured he just needed a target.

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Sometime when I run out of things to build I’m going to build a Rugged Gear cart out of wood.

You stealing my idea?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

You stealing my idea?

Let’s have a contest.

Posted (edited)

Yul Lose, talk to Joe Brisco at Cowboy Shooter’s Supply. I think he is working on a fix to front wheel bearing issues.  If he can’t fix it, athen Joe or Martha may have the information needed to get help from rugged gear.  They sell quite a few of them in their business.

Tucker

Edited by Tucker McNeely
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Yul Lose, talk to Joe Brisco at Cowboy Shooter’s Supply. I think he is working on a fix to front wheel bearing issues.  If he can’t fix it, athen Joe or Martha may have the information needed to get help from rugged gear.  They sell quite a few of them in their business.

Tucker

I visited with Joe at EOT quite a bit, what a nice guy. We didn’t specifically address the front wheel bearing issue but if it’ll help Joe out I’m happy to do it. Him and his wife are really great people.

Lets have a contest...Between Yul Lose and Jackaroo...Should be interesting...Here is what is needed, my thought, easy to fold and unfold, lite weight, good looking...needs umbrella holder, and most needed item, a cup holder...Extra points for a blond to push it...Quit would be nice...

Texas Lizard

If I come up with anything else needed will let you know...Red heads would work too...

3 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Lets have a contest...Between Yul Lose and Jackaroo...Should be interesting...Here is what is needed, my thought, easy to fold and unfold, lite weight, good looking...needs umbrella holder, and most needed item, a cup holder...Extra points for a blond to push it...Quit would be nice...

Texas Lizard

If I come up with anything else needed will let you know...Red heads would work too...

I know this blond that is good looking, lite weight, she can hold an umbrella in one hand and a cup in the other and she looks like she’ll unfold quite easily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I know this blond that is good looking, lite weight, she can hold an umbrella in one hand and a cup in the other and she looks like she’ll unfold quite easily.

Texas Lizard

Hiding and not saying one word....

Still looking for an old Rugged Gear cart.

On 7/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, Yul Lose said:

Still looking for an old Rugged Gear cart.

Saw a stroller in Walmart today that has a similar front wheel set up as the RG cart with a lock that can lock and unlock the wheel.

Maybe we need to go down to a trash and treasure place to see if there's one being thrown out. I used to do that a lot in OZ for wheels, can find some amazing stuff.

18 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Saw a stroller in Walmart today that has a similar front wheel set up as the RG cart with a lock that can lock and unlock the wheel.

Maybe we need to go down to a trash and treasure place to see if there's one being thrown out. I used to do that a lot in OZ for wheels, can find some amazing stuff.

That’s a good idea, thanks.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, Yul Lose said:

Something tells me that would be the most lovely Rugged Gear cart ever seen at a shoot---or anywhere else for that matter!

• Like 1

I went down to the thrift store this morning and sure enough there were two of those type baby strollers there and they both had different sized bearings. They both looked about the same vintage but I had no way to tell. One of them had 1/2” x1 1/8” bearings and the other one, which looked nearly the same had 5/8” x 1 3/8” bearings. So my search for a Rugged Gear cart has ended. If you want a set of bearings for your cart tell me which size you need, I have about 10 pairs of each size left.

• Thanks 1