SASS Wire Forum

Hey y’all, My Dad gave me his .50 cal black powder renegade for my Birthday, It’s all cleaned up, but I’ve not shot it since he gave it to me. I’ve read up on it, but will need some help learning to load the thing. Any takers?
  •  

While I personally don't have any experience with the T/C Renegade, I do believe it to be very similar to other muzzle loading rifles of that type.  I'm very sure that if you break that rifle out, you will have no shortage of knowledgeable cowboys more than willing to assist with your questions.  Don't know when y'all are gonna arrive at Ponderosa Pines, but I'd suggest side match day at the upper part of the range where the long range is held would be an excellent place to get that help.  Prior to side match day we will be working on the range, but we could probably find time and a place to work in some practice as well.  Regardless, bring it and I'm sure you'll be taken care of.:)

• Like 1

Just look up Bitterroot Jake!!  He'll likely be more than happy to introduce you to front stuffer rifle lore, lingo, and use!!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

While I personally don't have any experience with the T/C Renegade, I do believe it to be very similar to other muzzle loading rifles of that type.  I'm very sure that if you break that rifle out, you will have no shortage of knowledgeable cowboys more than willing to assist with your questions.  Don't know when y'all are gonna arrive at Ponderosa Pines, but I'd suggest side match day at the upper part of the range where the long range is held would be an excellent place to get that help.  Prior to side match day we will be working on the range, but we could probably find time and a place to work in some practice as well.  Regardless, bring it and I'm sure you'll be taken care of.:)

Thanks, we should be there by Monday or Tuesday. Dave’s wanting to help setup.

• Like 1

Sunday 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bitterroot Jake, SASS #9532 said:

i would be glad to help you with it, will be at Blackgold Monday, or I can be found on the Long Range events on Thursday.

Jake!!  I have your hat with me!1  I don't think it would be right for you if I had just sent it back.  I want to do a complete fit so's it'll be EXACTLY like you want it, (given that it's a gnarly old hat that shows years of use and character).  See ya' Monday!!!

See there, Cindy??  I tolt ya' ol' Jake would step up there!!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393

YEP!!  Just talked to him again this afternoon!!  Gotcha' covered!!