SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grouchy Spike

0411-0414 2019 Texas State Cowboy Championship 2019 - Comancheria Days, Comfort Texas

The SASS Texas State Cowboy Match for 2019 is again hosted by the Texican Rangers on Stieler Ranch in Comfort Texas! 

Comancheria Days 2019 is a premier match on a premier range on a historic ranch in the Texas Hill Country and 2019 marks the 24th consecutive year for this match.

Deadline for registration is February 1, 2019!  Registration is limited to the first 300 applicants so as to accommodate the banquet hall limit.  Last year this match was over-subscribed :wacko: and there was a waiting list.    THIS year, Cowboys and Cowgirls, be early with your application, :D send it in, slap leather, and let’s shoot.  Don’t be left in the cactus and mesquite watching your compadres and other vaqueros enjoy the match!  Beat’em to the draw and fire off that registration NOW!

Visit:  http://texicanrangers.org/comancheria-days/

Tombstone Mary has linked: “Click HERE: Registration” on that page.

Download the form to your computer, and it’s a fillable form.  Move along the form using the TAB key, enter your information, (don’t forget to check Wild Bunch or Plainsman), print it. You can pay with PayPal by adding fees to your CART on the Texicans website link above.  But you must mail in your registration form too, otherwise Tombstone Mary will think that you are in limbo.  Or include a check with your registration form if you prefer paper payments.  Kinda like wanted posters.  :ph34r:

Registration is as easy and fast as falling off a horse!  Make this happen soon!  :D

To contact the club secretary Tombstone Mary or the president and Match Director A.D. Texaz, use the contact form:   http://texicanrangers.org/contact-us/

The Texican Rangers were awarded a SASS Wooly award at the opening ceremonies at The End of Trails Championship this year.  The award recognizes  the Club Members that make up the Texican Rangers; and the Range, the Stages and the Targets. It recognizes Comancheria Days – one of the longest continuous running matches in SASS.  Draw that checkbook, cowpokes, and sign up now!  Be an early bird! :rolleyes: 

Edited by Grouchy Spike
punctuation

Mailed in registration and paid with PayPal last week.  Looking forward to it!

July, you being a cowboy of many gun skills, in which category did you register?  One of those smoke categories?

I'm shooting with all the other cool kids in Frontiersman.

You will be in good company:  Yuma Jack, Hannabass, etc!

Cowboys and Cowgirls, already 64 dedicated shootists have signed up to enjoy Comancheria Days 2019!  If you plan to join them and share that fun, give yourself an early Christmas gift and send in your registration soon.  Don't wait until the match is full at 300 shooters.  :wacko:

Tombstone Mary makes it easy as she has linked: “Click HERE: Registration” on that web page.  Get ahead of the game.  Slap that checkbook or that plastic and sign up now! ^_^

Tombstone Mary reports that 84 Cowboys and Cowgirls have signed up for Comancheria Days 2019. That’s 28% of the limit of 300 shooters, and there’s six months to go before we’re slapping leather at the Texas State Cowboy Match for 2019.  Treat yourself to an early Christmas gift and send in your registration now.  If you want to participate in the Texas State Cowboy Match, don’t be run over in the stampede of last minute registrations.  Beat the crowd!

Write that check, or slide that plastic, and join the fun!  Visit:  http://texicanrangers.org/comancheria-days/

Mary has made registration as easy as falling off a horse.

98 cowboys and cowgirls have registered to enjoy Comancheria Days 2019!  Registration deadline is three months away and the match is  1/3 full.  Put the spurs to your checkbook and beat the last minute rush!

I got mine in and confirmed. Looking foreword to another great match.

Yosemite Jim beat the stampede, but I can hear a distant rumble already!

120 have signed up, deadline is 1 Feb 19 and limit is 300.  Beat the rush and the dust, hand that application to the Pony Express Rider! 

28 have signed up for Wild Bunch, max is 60.

Update:  Tombstone Mary reports that 131 have registered for Comancheria Days 2019 and 35 opted to shoot the Wild Bunch side match.  She advises that registrations typically slow down during the holidays, and then there is a stampede after  New Years.  Avoid the rush and post your registration soon, and do the easy and convenient online payment!  Or post a check.

Visit;

http://texicanrangers.org/comancheria-days/

Click on 'Add to Cart' and Mary will snag your coins faster than you can say "pull that smoke pole".  Then click on 'registration' and complete the registration form, hand it to the Pony Express.

Here is it a few days into December and Comancheria Days 2019 is exactly halfway subscribed at 150.  Nineteen more shooters beat the stamped!  But wait, there is more.  The Wild Bunch side match IS over halfway subscribed at 35, limited is 60.  That February 1 deadline will be here before you know it. This cool weather makes springtime in the Texas Hill Country seem so distant.  Springtime at Stieler Ranch in Comfort is one beautiful scene viewed as a shooter and not an observer!

Remember the lyrics: “Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rawhide!”  I can hear Frankie Lane singing that famous song.  Let’s be Rollin’!  Crack that whip, then open that poke bag, send some dust to Tombstone Mary!

Visit:  http://texicanrangers.org/comancheria-days/ and she will make it easy for you. 

Have been practicing a new category and was wondering if I decide to change what is the deadline for that?  

TL B)

Count me in for both Wild Bunch and Main Match!!

I paid today with PayPal and will have the application in the mail tomorrow.

Got mine sent in today. Will be my first Can't wait. 

Jax T

On 12/4/2018 at 6:05 AM, Turkey Legs #48384 said:

Have been practicing a new category and was wondering if I decide to change what is the deadline for that?  

TL B)

February 1, according to the note on the registration form, :oso hurry along the practice :P

• Like 1

152 and counting!  Did all y'all register for Wild Bunch too? 

Got the confirmation email a little while back.  Looking forward to it! 

No wild bunch for me yet.  I've got a Colt series 70 government model that I assume is legal but no WB approved shotgun. 

23 hours ago, July Smith said:

No wild bunch for me yet.  I've got a Colt series 70 government model that I assume is legal but no WB approved shotgun. 

Hey July, on Sunday club matches at the Texican Rangers,  you can shoot Cowboy 1911 using a 1911 and any rifle and SG in Open Category.  It's an opportunity to try WB before spending $$ to go full blown Wild Bunch with a 40+caliber rifle and a M97 or M12 SG. Give it a try! Are you set up to reload 45 Auto?   Personally I'd rather slide than revolve!

Tombstone Mary is near ready to activate the link "Who is Coming?" on the Comancheria Days webpage on the Texican Rangers website.  When that happens I will post a note here, including the link. 

On 12/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, Grouchy Spike said:

Hey July, on Sunday club matches at the Texican Rangers,  you can shoot Cowboy 1911 using a 1911 and any rifle and SG in Open Category.  It's an opportunity to try WB before spending $$ to go full blown Wild Bunch with a 40+caliber rifle and a M97 or M12 SG. Give it a try! Are you set up to reload 45 Auto?   Personally I'd rather slide than revolve!

Thanks for the info, maybe when I get sick of cap guns I'll give it a try!