SASS Wire Forum

26 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Buy more mags. ;)

The only thing I would change on your 2 Glocks, would be to a Glock extended slide release if the make one yet for the double sided ones.

OLG

I figure 13 is enough. ;)

I have 12 - 10 rounders as well. I will be getting probably 10 more.

Or, I could "permanently"...ahem...modify the 17 rounders to 10 rounders...;)

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Or, I could "permanently"...ahem...modify the 17 rounders to 10 rounders...;)

Wash out your mouth with bore-cleaner.......:lol:

OLG

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2018 at 3:14 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Given the fact that a lot of people will be confused into thinking it's a .45 you'd think they'd call it a 46, or maybe 19XB instead.

They did so many changes with and without generation designations with slide cuts... remember the fish gills and stipple grips? Why did they need to change the model number? I guess they are reeling from the military testing loss to Sig and trying to figure out which way to corner the civilian market without committing to even more generations of pistols? The Gen 5's just came out and the wildfire of the 19X would probably have burned a little longer. The biggest question is, have they put a coil spring under the take down latch yet? Biggest weakness right there. 

39 minutes ago, Carolina Gunslinger said:

I guess they are reeling from the military testing loss to Sig

Yeah, and so is the Army. SIg delivered a boatload of junk. I do believe they have fixed the issues though. I'd still take a Glock over the Sig.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, and so is the Army. SIg delivered a boatload of junk. I do believe they have fixed the issues though. I'd still take a Glock over the Sig.

Well the army could always glue super balls onto the back of the slide and drop the loaded sigs in enemy territory...bounce, bang, bounce, bang...

• Haha 2

Just now, Carolina Gunslinger said:

Well the army could always glue super balls onto the back of the slide and drop the loaded sigs in enemy territory...bounce, bang, bounce, bang...

Now that’s funny! Thanks for the laugh!:lol::lol::lol:

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That would be funny if it wasn't so sad. :P

You know you'll have to have them converted to California compliant Glucks when you get there, right?:P

cali compliant glock.jpg

• Haha 2

That should still be non-compliant because of the tactical finger grooves and the evil point on the end of the trigger guard.

Edited by Dantankerous
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

You know you'll have to have them converted to California compliant Glucks when you get there, right?:P

cali compliant glock.jpg

I really hate it when people sporterize a Classic. :lol:

Sporterize or accurize?

;)

I took my two Glocks to the range yesterday. The G19X and the G45.

1F2ED8B8-C103-4504-A081-82D8763538CF.thumb.jpeg.cd8cc18c9bf10a5458303dcacc70a71c.jpeg

Before I went to the range I fiddled around with dry fire point shooting at a mirror. I tried the different grip inserts and decided on the smaller beavertail insert and installed them on both guns.

The G45 has stock sights that look like these: (photo taken off Weaponsmart site)

weaponsmart-6240-153.jpg

And NO, they are not plastic. 

The sights on my G19X are Glock Night Sights (supposedly made by Trijicon). They look like these: (photo taken off Pew Pew Tactical site):

fragout-g19x-04.jpg

These are glow in the dark green sights. Very nice as compared to others I have seen. To bad all three dits are green...

Anyway, I had decided to install the Glock Night Sights on the G45, but I may just leave it alone.

After firing a few magazines through each gun I decided to do a little drill. I have been practicing more and more shooting left handed in case my right arm is incapacitated and the zombie hordes attack (just kidding...I know it’ll be millennials in man-buns and leggings...the girls too)

To start I loaded each gun. Set each one in front of me on the mat. The silhouette target was at a little over 5 yards. I picked each gun up, quickly fired one round at the “X” without using sights then put the gun back down. Both rounds hit close to the “X”.

The second part of my drill was one handed shooting with each gun with each hand. Each gun had 16 rounds (I used one each in the point shooting drill). I decided to shoot the 19X in the right hand and the G45 in the left. (No, not at the same time)

Since I only had that one target left I decided to shoot the 19X at the head of the target and the G45 above the “X”, center of chest where the heart would be. Normally for a drill like this I aim for the center of the chest for both guns. 

Both guns were shot “rapid fire” about 2 shots per second. That may not be your definition of rapid fire...if you can do this at 3 shots a second you’re a God, a man among men, you are the pinnacle of manliness, you...never mind...I really don’t care if you can do better that this in less time. This ain’t about YOU, Sparky.

After I fired the 19X and then fired the G45 I was okay with my performance with the 19X, but I was way more than pleased with how I did with the G45 in my left hand.

Here is the target:

230BE47F-999F-48AC-AEC0-71F36E273C39.thumb.jpeg.926a980897901c2761bd18d2115ae4c0.jpeg

I think I love my Glocks... 

• Thanks 2

On 11/1/2018 at 12:36 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I just made the quickest gun purchase I have ever made. Walked into the store at noon and was out the door at 12:10 with my new Glock 45 9mm with 3 - 17 round mags and a big grin on my face. $539.99 total. Yeehaw! :D

That will be the last time that happens for me for a few years...'cause, California here I come (in a week or so)

Don't forget to download the form from the CADOJ website to register the handguns you are bringing with you when you become a resident of the PRK.  I don't know if this longstanding requirement now applies to long guns also; since, I escaped to the Silver State before long guns were added to registration requirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

Don't forget to download the form from the CADOJ website to register the handguns you are bringing with you when you become a resident of the PRK.  I don't know if this longstanding requirement now applies to long guns also; since, I escaped to the Silver State before long guns were added to registration requirement.

It’s the BOF-4010a form. You list all guns, not just handguns. Thanks, JD.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s the BOF-4010a form. You list all guns, not just handguns. Thanks, JD.

If a person moves to California, a legal American citizen from another state, they have to notify the state gov't and list all firearms  they import with them? Really?

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have never had front serrations on a pistol. Never saw a need for them. Would probably never use them.

do understand that some folks like them for doing a "press check" to see if a gun has a round in the chamber. They do look nice...

I could see them chewing up a leather holster. I can also see them getting hung up on clothing or vegetation.

I guess it's all in what you like and how one is taught to handle a gun, regarding this "press check".

I think it's all about the "cool" in "Tacti-Cool". :D

Many folks who shoot IPSC/USPSA would disagree..   Its quite easy to use the front serrations safely...and with the many PDO/Carry Optics type guns around now I imagine more folks will be utilising them...   

7 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

If a person moves to California, a legal American citizen from another state, they have to notify the state gov't and list all firearms  they import with them? Really?

They don’t “have” to...but not doing so could be problematic later on. According to the DOJ, you “have” to...or “must”.

Read the back of this form. Also, notice how they word things. The DOJ of CA is a pit of bureaucratic vipers.

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/ab991frm.pdf

4 hours ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

Many folks who shoot IPSC/USPSA would disagree..   Its quite easy to use the front serrations safely...and with the many PDO/Carry Optics type guns around now I imagine more folks will be utilising them...   

I got to shoot this G45 and play around with it. I do not see how the front serrations can be a bad thing in the way I use and will use this gun.

It’ll never see optics installed, but having those serrations makes disassembly even easier.

Also, they actually do make it easer to partially rack the slide to check if there is a round in the chamber.

Press checks became All the Rage sometime in the last few years. Thus the front serrations.

Just finished watching this. Hickok45 does a nice job showing differences between G45, G17 Gen 4, and G19 Gen 5. His review of the 19X is below as well.

• Like 1

Quite a few good G45 reviews online. I looked at one again today when I was at a local range. Doggonit, it feels good. Balance, trigger, sights, grip, flared magwell..  I look forward to shooting one. That will probably be the icing on the cake. ;)

And then I saw the used Wilson Combat 1911 in the case. :o Walk away, just walk away...:huh:

Cantankerous, I don’t know how big your hands are, but I thought I liked the grip of my 19X naked (sans backstrap). Once I got the G45 and play around a bit with both I installed the thinner beavertail backstrap and that made a big difference in handling and I wouldn’t have believed it but the beavertail did help with recoil and made follow up shots seem quicker.

If you get a chance to shoot one see if you can try the different backstraps. They do not need to be pinned. They clip in from the bottom then click in at the top. They come off by pulling out from the top. Thumbing down on the top of the beavertail seems to work best on those 2 inserts. 

12 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

And then I saw the used Wilson Combat 1911 in the case. :o Walk away, just walk away...:huh:

Sounds like Ulysses and the song of the Sirens. Better lash yourself to the mast.  "Oh Daaaannn..!"  :D

I think I plan on picking one up before the end of the year, along with the Ruger PC Carbine.

The Wilsons are nice, and with the gun being used it has a very attractive price. The Nighthawk 1911s do seem to have a better fit and finish. The slide to frame action is butter smooth and very very tempting. But also considerably more expense. Which takes me right back to the Glock 45. Gotta keep it real!

;)

• Like 2

I don't do glock.  If they were free (my PD would issue me one if I wanted), I'd still spend my own money to buy something else...preferably a 1911.  I got a problem with any gun that I have to discharge to disassemble.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I don't do glock.  If they were free (my PD would issue me one if I wanted), I'd still spend my own money to buy something else...preferably a 1911.  I got a problem with any gun that I have to discharge to disassemble.   

Good. More for us.

Have a nice day

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Good. More for us.

Have a nice day

All of them for y'all :) 

You have a good one, too.  

• Like 1

Glock 45 is in the news this morning. :( 

I hope they’re still legal in CA in 6 months or so.

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Glock 45 is in the news this morning. :( 

I hope they’re still legal in CA in 6 months or so.

Actually, it was a glock model 21...which is a 45 ACP.  The glock 45 is a 9mm...

28 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Actually, it was a glock model 21...which is a 45 ACP.  The glock 45 is a 9mm...

Just going by what the news said. Inaccurate as usual. Reporter called it a Model 45.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Just going by what the news said. Inaccurate as usual. Reporter called it a Model 45.

Reporters are morons unless they are good looking. Then they are idiots. 

• Haha 2

Pat-The OEM, Glock plastic front sight has a well earned rep for being fragile and easily lost.

OLG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Pat-The OEM, Glock plastic front sight has a well earned rep for being fragile and easily lost.

OLG

Exactly true.

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG

My Glocks have metal sights...and if they get lost they have Google Maps. :P

• Haha 1