SASS Wire Forum

Pretty sure I gave my 38's to my niece when she turned 13. Think I will have to stick with the 45's. That is kind of funny pretty boy, I have a first generation Colt made in 1897 that is a 45 so not sure how that is not period correct.

I see where you specified a 73, I shoot 66's; only 73 I have is one I won one year in NC. That is a lot of one/won in one sentence.

and the 44-40 IS the MOST period correct!! specially for bp,,,   yank yank

Smokin’ Joe Anderson, the father of Possum Trot, had a ‘75 Remington that was fully engraved, serial number 22 that was chambered in .45 Colt.  He showed me papers that authenticated it and it spent the entire time that I kept a room with him under my pillow, in the cabin he shared with me and Schoolmarm. 

It went to a good home when he passed, but I sure wish he’d left it to me!!

I recall reading of several instances where cowboys had their Winchester ‘73s rechambered  or re-barreled to .45 Colt to match their Colt or other.45 revolver.

I look at “Period Correct” with the same eyes that I view that other PC!!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 2

y'all shud know thit Ize wassa yanking yur chains,,,, can't wait to shoot my first match at Joe's!

Of course I know that. Looking forward to seeing you again, it has been quite a few years.

35 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Of course I know that. Looking forward to seeing you again, it has been quite a few years.

much much too long!

After seeing the buckles for this match I dont believe I will be shooting too much black. Pistols go pretty good but the Double Barrel takes some getting used to.

Tombstone!!  You might post a picture of those buckles!!