SASS Wire Forum
Subdeacon Joe

Make Sure Your Dog Is Tied

Atz za way I'd do it.  If visitors want MY dog tied, they don't get to be visitors :ph34r:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Atz za way I'd do it.  If visitors want MY dog tied, they don't get to be visitors :ph34r:

The dog belongs here, they don't. 

Walking into my house and making demands is a good way to ensure a short visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

6 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

The dog belongs here, they don't. 

Walking into my house and making demands is a good way to ensure a short visit.

We're the same way. I'd tell them "The dog lives here, you don't." 

Our smallest dog eats on the table, mainly to keep from getting run over by the big dogs. He sometimes stays there while we're eating. We don't mind it, if somebody else does, they don't need to eat with us. 

• Like 1

Years ago, when my girls were young, we had a huge Doberman that's sole purpose in life was to protect the wife and kids. One day someone came to the door. The dog sat beside my wife and snarled at the man. He asked her to put the dog away so they could talk. Her reply :seriously?:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I guess if your dog didn't like your visitors, he would make a formal complaint.

His complaints had to be taken very seriouly if you were wise. My wife's old uncle used to sa that if your dog didn't like them, you shouldn't either 

• Like 2

People that don’t like my dogs can leave the same way they came in.

Years ago my brother and his family came to visit. My sister-in-law actually said my dogs shouldn’t be in the house and that if she had her way they’d be tied up out back. You see, my brother actually married my wife’s sister. So not only am I dealing with a sister-in-law I am also dealing with my wife’s sister.

A very strange kind of rage came over me. I told her I would like it better if she were tied up out back and if she didn’t like being in the house with my dogs there were plenty of hotels in the area that could accommodate her fat @$&. 

It it was eerily quiet in my house the rest of the day. Later my wife told me that she was glad I said what I said because she was thinking the same thing.

If you don’t like my dogs you can get the hell out. Period. They are family...as are my cats.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yep. Pets are family.  CHOSEN family, at that.  While we don't let April on the table, well, not often, she has been known to be on one of our laps at the table from time to time.  When our priest brings communion for Lisa, I'll end up reading the preparatory prayers holding April so she doesn't get in the way or start barking.  

When guests come,  they get the couch, I'll lay on the floor, taking part in the conversations and using a cane to smack tennis balls down the hall for the dog to chase.

• Like 2

If you come to our house and don't like dog hair........stay off the furniture.

JHC :P

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

If you come to our house and don't like dog hair........stay off the furniture out

JHC :P

Fixed it! :D

It has been about 8 years since Kestrel walked over The Bridge and we STILL find his hair in the truck.

• Sad 1

I hear ya SDJ.

I still turn up toys and other paraphernalia from our fur babies. Even bird toys from our feathered "kid"

Still a little pang when we remember them and their antics.

• Like 2

I wouldn't even consider tying my dog.  She's way too lady-like for a tie, but she loves her scarves and sweaters.  As for the rest I agree.  My soon-to-be daughter- in-law doesn't care for dogs, but she seems okay with my pup in my house or my son'e place.  I think Trinket is wearing her down because she petted her and commented on what a pretty dog she is and how she didn't smell like a dog at all.

• Like 1