SASS Wire Forum
Juiceharp Jen

CAS with BB guns

7 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Where will this technology advance to?   Can they add a speaker to make a report of a shot?  Add a motion sensor to the target to report the clang?  Add black powder smoke, smell and sound? 

The report of the BBs/pallets against the steel is loud enough.

7 hours ago, Juiceharp Jen said:

The full wood stock version of the Fursan looks like it is almost perfect for CAS.  Reversed triggers?  Ejectors?

From what I have seen in some videos the Farsan has no ejectors just a big extractor. But I have got first hand impressions from owners that the shells are not very reliable. They don't hold the gas pressure anymore after some use. And the shells are quite expensive.

8 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Where will this technology advance to?   Can they add a speaker to make a report of a shot?  Add a motion sensor to the target to report the clang?  Add black powder smoke, smell and sound? 

To second Pete, the sound of the steel target is louder to the shooter than is reflected in the video.  What's more, the sound of the gas propellant is even louder to a shooter.  Without ear protection, the propellant noise and gong are not that far off from what a hearing protected shooter would experience using a real gun and CAS target.  I was surprised at how similar the experience is in comparison.  The main thing missing is recoil, and of course shotgun with knock down targets.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:49 PM, Iron Hands Pete said:

From what I have seen in some videos the Farsan has no ejectors just a big extractor. But I have got first hand impressions from owners that the shells are not very reliable. They don't hold the gas pressure anymore after some use. And the shells are quite expensive.

Its not clear to me how the shells charge and if using a tank with a safe max fill would help avoid problems.  The shells look longer than the real thing, and I imagine that they are quite heavy even after firing, so loading them in the barrels and ejecting them onto the floor will be a different experience from the real thing.

Has anyone tried these on the Air Soft version of the Texas Star?  Might be fun iffen the BB version wouldnt destroy the aluminum Star.