SASS Wire Forum
Tinpan McGurk

Colt Gold Cup National Match ROLLING BLOCK IS SPF Pedersoli Long Range Rolling Block 45-70

Pedersoli Remington Long Range Rolling Block Rifle

I bought it not long ago to try some long range shooting but due to spouses unexpected surgery and medical bills that doesn’t look like that will happen any time soon so I am trying to keep just what I need to stay in the game and having to let go anything extra so here it is..

Older Model Catalog number is 8731 and it is no longer listed but this one most closely resembles an early version of the Model they now call the Super Match.

It is 45-70 cal. with a polished blue 34'' part round-part-octagon barrel, with globe front sight and vernier tang sight.  Frame and trigger guard are case colored with a blued block and hammer

Walnut stock differs from the Super match since it does not have any checkering and instead of the forend cap it has the Schnabel style forend.  Blue steel shotgun style buttplate.

The stock is nicely figured so it looks like it might be deluxe wood rather than standard but it could be that it is just a nicer than most..

This thing is heavy, haven’t weighted it but I would guess it weighs 10 lbs. or more

I have not fired it and it has not been fired much if at all. Bore bright and rifling is sharp with no signs of much use there or on any part of the rifle all the blueing and case colors are strong. There is a video of a guy using one of these and ringing the gong at 900 yards so it looks like these things can shoot.

$975.00 shipped and insured to your ffl..   Check your local laws to make sure it is legal in your jurisdiction and check with your ffl that they will receive from a non-ffl..if your state requires ffl to ffl transfer I have a local fellow that will do it but he charges $35.00 so that would be in addition to the price.

I hate to let this one go but here it is:

Colt 1911 Gold Cup National Match,  45 ACP.  

This was made in late 1996 early 1997 as a limited run of 500 to commemorate the US National Shooting Team at the Olympics.  I bought it used to shoot bullseye and I liked the looks of it.

I never fired it and it looks like it hasn’t been fired much if at all. 

5" National Match Barrel,  high polished blue (mirror) finish with some gold inlay 1-8rd mag.  No box all that stuff went MIA..  Price is $ 1,075 shipped and insured my ffl to yours…

Thanks for looking and thanks to all for their best wishes…the good news is that spouse is OK so far, she’s a pretty tough gal but not out of the woods yet.

Check your local laws to make sure it is legal in your jurisdiction and check with your ffl that they will receive  the rifile from a non-ffl..if your state requires ffl to ffl transfer on the rifle I have a local fellow that will do it but he charges $35.00 so that would be in addition to the price.  Pistol MUST go ffl to ffl.

PM with any questions

Tinpan McGurk SASS# 82891

_1rolling block.JPG

_5rolling block.JPG

_2rolling block.JPG

_3rolling block.JPG

_4rolling block.JPG

_6rolling block.JPG

_7rolling block.JPG

_8rolling block.JPG

_1colt gold cup NM.JPG

_4colt gold cup NM.JPG

Edited by Tinpan McGurk

Tinpan - They will indeed shoot! When Pedersoli first released the upgraded target rifles I bought their Sharps and my range buddy bought this one. After some load development we both shot the best scores of our lives in BPCR silhouette.

Potential buyers may want to know that this rifle has a 1:18 twist, faster than the older Pedersoli's and great for stabilizing long Postell-style bullets. They are good all the way out to 1000, will drop a ram cleanly! Oh, BTW - According to Pedersoli the weight should be right at 12.55 pounds, she ain't a lightweight!

Good luck with your sale! I would be a player but I can't handle the weight offhand with this arthritis, sold all of my equipment.

Burlesonbill in Tejas

Edited by burlesonbill
additional info

I need a rolling block for my collection.  Just the wrong time or it would be gone.  Good luck!!

That is a GREAT deal.  If I was still shooting long range BPCR, I would be all over this.

Thanks for the info on the twist rate Burlesonbill.  I wish I could keep 'er but hopefully it will be someone else's gain and get a good home..

Tinpan McGurk

btt

I used to have this same rifle .

Beautiful Shooting Long Range Rifle .

Heavy enuff   to make the 45/70 a pleasure to shoot .

This is a good buy on a great rifle .

Free bump .

Rooster  

Added my Colt Cup National Match