Author Topic: 2018 SASS Texas State Wild Bunch Championship October 19th-21st, Cleburne Texas  (Read 1274 times)

Shady McLarry

Come on out and shoot with us this year, guaranteed to be a fun time. Check out comanche Valley Vigilantes website for times and entry forms.

http://www.comanchevalley.org/

Grouchy Spike

I'll be signing up!

Bootstrap Richards tells me that he plans to attend too - WB and BAMM both!  He's pretty fast - uses a 1917 I think.  Cleaned our clock at BAMM in Comancheria Days 2016.

Bexar Bill Brocius plans to attend, bringing a 03A3 for BAMM.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:46:11 PM by Grouchy Spike »
Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

C.N. Double

After my recently discovered interest in military bolt rifles and my newfound love for WBAS, I decided to re-read the April 2018 Cowboy Chronicle article about the Texas WBAS championship. When I read "The Texas State Championship returns October 19, 20, 21..." I immediately checked how far a drive it would be. Well, I'm happy to report 929 miles isn't too far, and I've just returned from the mailbox where I've deposited my entry form. The match isn't full yet, is it?!

Looking forward to meeting y'all and further diving down this most excellent rabbit hole.

C.N. Double
(formerly Lobo Too Slow)

lostvaquero

Watch out if Lobo is coming after you.  An absolute joy to watch.

Goatneck

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
LTS

We look forward to having you join us for our State Match.  You mentioned your interest in Military Bolt Rifles.  Well, we will have an afternoon of shooting for you.  Friday is side match day. They will start in the afternoon we will host 3 types of BAMM Competition. Doughboy, Sniper and a Combat style match all using the BAMM rifles.  Our Doughboy match is with the BAMM rifle your 1911 Pistol and your shotgun. Sniper and the Combat Matches are with the rifle only.  Our rifle distances are from 75 out to about 135 yards with lead bullets only.  The BAMM Rules are listed in this forum. We will be hosting other side matches for the pistols and shotgun also.  Motel accommodations are less than 15 miles from the range in Cleburne, Texas. We have an outstanding door prize pool and awards for our match this year.

Goatneck
Match Director
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:19:39 PM by Goatneck »

C.N. Double

Sounds great, Goatneck. I'll be dragging along my 03A3 (big thanks to Hoodoo Brown for getting me started with ammo) -- can't wait to play with you guys!
C.N. Double
(formerly Lobo Too Slow)

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
Howdy all! Take a look at the great bamm and side matches  offered at the Texas State championship

Grouchy Spike

Maybe Goatneck understated the ammo requirements? Should say ‘two buckets’?!!

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
We will shoot about 1/2 the sides Friday and the balance Saturday after 5 stages of main match and a great lunch. Just  think all this entertainment included in the price of admission! Don’t forget to bring some cash for the sass scholarship fundraiser,”The Educated Shootist” which promises to be a large time ! Stay tuned for more breaking news........Dusty Boddams
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:57:52 AM by DUSTY BODDAMS »

Goatneck

Hey GS I mentioned a bucket full of ammo, I was talking about a 5 gallon bucket full.............LOL

Burly Bill Brocius

I will indeed be there for the side matches. I will have to leave at Oh Dark 30 Friday am, but I will see y'all there!
BBB

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
Excellent! Get a hot cup of coffee and make Andy drive!

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
Tentative schedule click link below.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 08:06:32 AM by DUSTY BODDAMS »

Grouchy Spike

22 days until the first round goes down range in the 2018 Texas State Wild Bunch Match!  :)  Did the Master of the Match finish writing the scenarios and do a round count for Main Match?

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
we Shall see the round count very soon and it will be impressive!