Author Topic: Cocked and locked?  (Read 348 times)

Jorge

Re: Cocked and locked?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
My post may have been misunderstood.
I am in agreement with keeping the 1911 uncharged until used, for the safety reasons outlined.
My point was that since it must be charged before use, IN SASS WILD BUNCH, we all start with the same condition, that is, having to rack the pistol before use.  Why is that a problem?
I do not think that SASS Wild Bunch needs to be USPSA with the firearms that we use.  To me, it seems that some would like it to be, though

Tully Mars

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »
Jorge I apologize for misreading your intent and taking out my frustrations on you. There was a time I was all for going full USPSA in WB, but I would not be a supporter of that anymore.

Tully

Blackfoot

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 05:05:04 AM »
We don't have to do it a certain way or do a certain thing just because it is done that way in other pistol disciplines.  For those shooters who want to have practice drawing and firing from condition one, there are plenty of other shooting disciplines that offer that opportunity.   :)

Blackfoot
In God we trust!
Shoot fast, miss slow, have fun!

Jackaroo

• Jackaroo
  • Jackaroo SASS 29989
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 08:34:27 PM »
Well..

OK for Multigun
OK for USPSA
OK for IDPA.

But not OK for Wild Bunch?
Why? 
Are we more unsafe than all the other shooters?

Because these other sports do it ,it doesn't mean we have to copy them! Each sport has it's own set of rules, if you don;t like WB for that reason you are free to choose one of those others. :D
Just like Formula One, or Indy Cars, both have their own rules.
 8)