Author Topic: New WB shooter, lots of questions  (Read 556 times)

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
Re: New WB shooter, lots of questions
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 08:25:43 AM »
BB, great thing they are in top condition! No use putting up with junk when good ones like this are to be had. You’ll really enjoy the model 12’s as WB guns.🤠 hey you might even use them more like this than when they were scoped and compensated.

Garrison Joe

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 08:52:12 AM »
I'd run the Model 12 in several matches to get used to it, then check how it runs at speed when the adrenaline is coursing.    I have 2 12's and still find I shoot my 97s faster and with fewer hickups.   12's take a bit of smoothness in operation that seems more than I can call up on demand.  There will be markets for 97s for quite a while yet.

Good luck, GJ

"Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth."   Col. J Cooper
Why else would you want to be here?

60708 Life/Regulator

Boggus Deal

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
  • Wild Bunch Rules Committee
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »
Actually, The Cuts comp has been illegal for as long as there have been rules, I believe. Due to the fact that its an external choke. Am I correct in thinking that, Happy Jack?

Goatneck

• RIP
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »
Boggus

Go back and read post 4 & 5 of this thread.  You are correct

Boggus Deal

• Wild Bunch Rules Committee
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 03:21:07 PM »
Saw those but having seen some non ported ones, saying it isn't legal because of the porting could lead someone to believe a non ported one could be legal.

Boomstick Bruce

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 03:58:21 PM »
Saw those but having seen some non ported ones, saying it isn't legal because of the porting could lead someone to believe a non ported one could be legal.

It's not just the comps, it's the chokes that extend past the end of the barrel. Correct?

I cut them off already, ditched the scopes, ordered beads and filter screws for the holes from the scopes. I don't think those scopes are for a model 12, they were flat all the way and didn't contour with the shape of the guns...