Author Topic: Ed Brown magazines  (Read 160 times)

DUSTY BODDAMS

• Global Moderator
Ed Brown magazines
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:20:11 AM »
Howdy all, first off this ain’t no commercial. I use Tripp’s magazines for my competition pistols and I use Wilson’s for my carry. Very happy with them in respective rolls. Grouchy spike sent me an email showing ed Brown mags  and the promo going on. So I ordered some for door prizes at the Texas state match and ordered one to keep. Took it out and ran it thru the gun 10-15 times. Ran perfect ejected perfect. No tuning or messing with it. So for the deal, send in a crappy mag and 10.00 and they will ship you a new ed Brown mag. Gathered up 7 of these and sent off for 9mm 1911 mags. They came in 85.00 for 7 mags with shipping. Loaded them all up with 9 rounds and went to slinging lead. No jams,no failures to drop......I’m impressed!

Grouchy Spike

Re: Ed Brown magazines
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »
I have a similar experience with these magazines in Ruger 9mm and Colt 38 Super.  I sent all of my worn 45 Auto mags for exchange, complete with followers and springs as they request.

Not a wiggle of a problem so far in hundreds of rounds in range duty.  Haven't tried 45 Auto. 

https://www.edbrown.com/magexchange/

The base plates do not meet the specs for Wild Bunch, but for use in practice and self-defense cartridges, I'm well satisfied.

Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

Tully Mars

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 12:52:04 PM »
I didn't know about the exchange, but I recently purchased several Ed Brown 7 round magazines through Brownell's at a very reasonable price. So far I've been very satisfied with them.

Tully

Boggus Deal

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
  • Wild Bunch Rules Committee
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »
These mags are made by Check Mate. Who also makes magazines for Colt to their specs. They are good magazines.

Grouchy Spike

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »
BD, Is is your experience that Magazines with the parallel wadcutter feed lips offer more resistance to spreading of the feed lips compared to GI or Hybrid feel lips? 
Run - Hide - Call?  Forget it !  Draw - Aim - Shoot

Boggus Deal

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
  • Wild Bunch Rules Committee
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 02:54:54 PM »
I like the parallel or hybrid just because I don’t flip live rounds as bad. I can’t say that one is better than the other for spreading. I’ve had all styles spread and have some of each that are any number of years old.