Author Topic: Model 12 woes  (Read 364 times)

Boggus Deal

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
  • Wild Bunch Rules Committee
Re: Model 12 woes
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 06:04:53 AM »
If not, let me know. I have a couple.

Boomstick Bruce

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 07:42:32 AM »
will do, im still waiting for the one i ordered to be shipped

so put my buddy's 2 3/4 lifter in my gun and it seams to run fine, i haven't tested it with live ammo yet, just dummy rounds. why do i need to change the bolt? other than the face they appear to be the same
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:44:10 AM by Boomstick Bruce »

Boomstick Bruce

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
The saga continues:

Got the new lifter, it's been jeweled and is gorgeous!!! Removed the old flagged 3" lifter and installed the new non flagged 2 3/4" lifter. Solved my old problem but created two new ones.

First the gun is much harder to close with the new lifter in it.

Second now the shells are jamming up against the front part of the ejection port when I cycle it fast.

To remedy problem one, I disassembled both guns, and I compared the 2 3/4 bolt to my 3" bolt. I noticed the channel that the operates the lifter on the 3 inch gun is much more angled than the 2 3/4 bolt. So I got out my trusty Dremel and got to work reshaping the channel.

SUCCESS! gun is much smoother to operate than before and it's actual smoother than the other one!

Next I removed the flag from my old lifter, took some measurements and got out the trust Dremel again and went to work. After about an hour of grinding, filing and sanding, I now have a flagged lifter.

Now the gun is slick as glass and I can hold it with the ejection port facing the ground and it cycles as fast as I can cycle it!!

Monday I'm going to the range and doing a live fire test. I don't foresee any more trouble with the gun now but if I do, I'm selling the damn thing...lol...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:46:14 AM by Boomstick Bruce »