SASS Wire Forum

I spoke to few shooters in Poland and they like the concept of two different cappers for remington/PCA/ and Colts, Rugers etc /PCC/. My wife said to me that it will better as well. I am sure this PCC capper will be best in class for Colt users, you will be able to put the cap on the nipple firmly without correcting it by stick :). Capacity 150-160 caps the same like PCA the only difference loading head but it will be superb the same quality like PCA version. I will give a chance to order two cappers in one shipment so the user can take both in one order. It will be competition for current solutions but quality and functionality reliability will be like PCA - magnificent. I am sure this will be very good and the best way to approach. This solution will not need any testing period and can be introduced quickly.

So my current choice is:

1. Keep PCA as it is to adres Remington market without any compromise.

2. Introduce new PCC capper for all revolvers apart of Remington New Army model /PCA is here/

I can start PCC production in September after holiday. So soon both models will be available and both will cover whole range of guns.

PCA still can be adjusted to operate with Colt Army or Ruger but for the rest PCC will be perfect solution.

So sorry Blackey Cole I can't go for any compromise and sacrifice any quality or reliability both must be masterpiece in their class. So if you need solution for Remington New Army PCA is now your choice and for the rest PCC will be.

I feel this is the best decision for the future and all users will value it positively I am sure, everyone want to have top notch quality  and will be so.

best regards,

Zbigniew

Today first order from Connecticut, thanks a lot. Tomorrow we will send your capper.

Here is updated map:

9Xn7jU.jpg

We updated also our shop page www.polishcappers.com

Best regards,

Zbigniew

My vote would be to offer (2) different models.

Keep the original, designed specifically for the 1858 New Army, and add a "Universal" that would fit all others, including the 1858.

Yes PCA model will be available still in our shop, no change here is perfect for Remington New Army as designed originally.

Today I had a chance to test modified new head from PCC model on Pietta 1851 Colt Navy Yank Sheriff Yankee kal. 36 and it works perfect. I need to test it on more Colts as well but I think if it works fine on this one it should work on other as well.  To be sure I need to catch someone with different Colts. Unfortunately almost everyone use Remington New Army and Colt Army but very rare other Colts. BTW we do not have Ruger Old Army in Poland so I can't test it but Larsen promised to describe this mod so I will apply it for PCC as well. I am happy that this Colt Navy Yank Sheriff works smooth with this modified head.

This head below supports all Colts, Remington etc. All guns or nearly all I am not sure about small pockets. This is manually filled so not excellent yet but will be milled perfectly.

w8U5qN.jpg

If PCC should be fully universal for all guns its head will looks more or less like above. If it will be for all apart of Remington New Army where we have PCA model then the head will be the same but without those narrow passages aside of the head.

Will see what decision we will take. 

Best regards,

Polish Cappers

Received my Capper yesterday, exactly 10 days after I placed an order. :)  Pretty good delivery considering how far it had to travel!

The form, fit and finish of the PCA Polish Capper is absolutely outstanding!  It feels good in your hand, like a tool with substance, and operates as smooth as silk.  I had some concern about the rectangular shape, but there is no issue with that, it fits very good and naturally in the hand.

I believe that the PCA head is stout enough that you should be able to cap and seat at the same time.  May not need to follow up with pushing the cap with a wooden dowel to seat.  Note sure of that yet, but guessing it would.

Perfect fit over the nipples of a stock Remington 1858 New Model Army (i.e., a pair of new Pietta's).  Will take it to the range next weekend to actually test it out, and hope to use it in a match next month.

The etching is very nice, but people are going to ask... what is the story behind the 1863 and the eagle?

A lot of real estate for engraving on the back!  Once you get rolling, you could offer to laser etch our SASS Alias! :D

Dear Dutch I am so happy that you like it. It is so good because originally I made it for myself ;). Regarding year 1863 please read those two links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_Uprising

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plik:Eagle_of_the_veteran_of_the_January_Uprising_1863.png

Basically this White Eagle is to commemoration and honor all Polish veterans of this January 1863 Uprising who fight with Russian Empire. 

I took this symbol because it is just from the time of our black powder guns and those guns played a vital role there as well.

Of course in the future when this nice capper will have proper visibility and renown it will be possible to add any customisation on the back side.

Once again thanks Dutch that you "jump to rabbit hole" and you are happy now.

best regards,

Polish Cappers

• Like 1

I used my Polish Capper on a pair of Pietta 1858’s at a match for the first time this past weekend, and it performed flawlessly!  It easily held about 135 caps, with room to spare, and made capping fast, easy and convenient.

Since the body and capping head is solid brass, you definitely can set and SEAT the cap with the capper in one revolution.  The head is stout enough that you can push firmly with your thumb, and you are done.  It was my experience that there was no need to go back around with another “tool” to seat the caps. 

Nothing fancy, but I fabricated a leather belt holster to conveniently carry my Polish Capper to the line.  Very happy with the product.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

If you set off a cap while seating and the flash gets back into the holder with 100+caps, you may rethink this:

you definitely can set and SEAT the cap with the capper in one revolution.  The head is stout enough that you can push firmly with your thumb, and you are done.  It was my experience that there was no need to go back around with another “tool” to seat the caps.

I sure would not do the seating with anything holding caps.

Good luck, GJ

6 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

If you set off a cap while seating and the flash gets back into the holder with 100+caps, you may rethink this:

I sure would not do the seating with anything holding caps.

Good luck, GJ

Garrison Joe, excellent point, well taken.  I appreciate the warning.  However, the way this capper is designed with it's solid plastic plunger blocking the access to the cap section, I don't believe that would be a problem.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.69e4b986e2260d4ac14e8dc52649f978.jpg

I would be more concerned with what the result would be coming out the mouth of the cylinder if a cap set-off while seating!

Edited by Dutch Wheeler

OOPS I forgot to put my review.. PCA.Capper arrived in approx 17 days..love the workmanship.

I shoot the Ruger Old Armies so after a bit of work with a hand file they work great..won't post a photo as Capper looks like Larsens only his finish is probably better !!  Great product..thanks

capper is designed with it's solid plastic plunger blocking the access to the cap section, I don't believe that would be a problem

It's a sliding fit.   Probably 0.010" clearance total.  With a spring that would allow the plastic bar to retract if any pressure occurred out at the tip of the slot where that cap would be if you use this as a seater tool.  That bar is designed simply to keep next cap back in the reservoir.  Not to keep flash-over out of the reservoir if a cap ignites.    

A Dillon 650 press has about the same kind of easy-assembly-fit on it's rotary primer feed disk, and close to the same distance for primer flash to travel to get to next primer.   I've blown up a primer feed assembly and 100 primers all at once when a primer went off seating it in a case on a Dillon 650.  Other Wire pards have reported several, and I'll bet Dillon replaces MANY every month.  That's a lot of explosive all going off together when that happens. The blast ruptured the steel inner tube.  It dented out the outer tube.    Same lead styphnate compound is in caps.

Nope, seating a cap with that capper would not be something I would bet MY hand on.  Use a proper seating tool would be my recommendation.   

Good luck, GJ

I seen that also .

I did not dare to order it though .

Looks great !

Rooster 

Hello after short break we received next order from Texas. Dutch your holster looks very nice, congratulations. I am so happy to see all our Customers happy too. 

I won few competition on National level here in Poland. So I am very happy. Next ones will come this and following week. 

Here is few medals I won including Gold, Silver and Bronze.

FBTMVn.jpg

best regards,

Polish Cappers

PS. First order from Tennessee , thank you very much.

Edited by polishcappers
info : new order from Tennessee
  • Like 1